PDA

View Full Version : ''Shapeshifter'' amazing animation

chris_lwgr
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Look what these guys can do http://www.charlex.com/projects/shapeshifter

IgnusFast
01-16-2011, 01:42 AM
Wow. Both gorgeous and completely nonsensical. :)

COBRASoft
01-16-2011, 01:49 AM
I'm speechless. Really wonderful!

Is this done by 1 guy? Almost unbelievable.

Lewis
01-16-2011, 04:03 AM
fantastic stuff, it needs have to have some "crazy" imagination to get to that script in authors head :)

mav3rick
01-16-2011, 04:42 AM
impressive stuff

Lito
01-16-2011, 09:21 AM
Very impressive, though I thought it was a car commercial at first.

Jim_C
01-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Very impressive, though I thought it was a car commercial at first.

It is. Kinda like a viral movie teaser for a JJ flick.

A short film is making some noise in the advertising markets with its breathtaking visual effects and awe-inspiring poetic nature. The short film by Charlex is called ShapeShifter and it is (unofficially) an advertisement for a sports car.

However, the story here is the future of advertising. You may have seen a few advertisements that disguise themselves as short films in the pre-roll at your local movie theater. There is a popular one currently running that explores the history of Barilla as a staple in family kitchens for decades. It is a beautiful shot short film with a great sense of history.

ShapeShifter takes an even more subtle approach, by only briefly showing a car at the beginning and end of the film. The rest of the short is an atmospheric journey through nature as exhibited through a series of CGI animals. All the adjectives a car company would hope to supplement their latest vehicle with are present elegance, power, speed and grace. But new media has given us an unprecedented look at what engages audiences from an advertising perspective.

cresshead
01-16-2011, 02:03 PM
bored..just looked like a car advert....didn;t watch it all...changed channel like ya do with adverts!

oliversimonnet
01-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Woah that was Very impressive. im speechless

JeffrySG
01-16-2011, 03:48 PM
mind = blown away

lwaddict
01-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Didn't have time to sit through the whole thing...
but found myself not moving.
Wound up watching it.

See what the right amount of LSD, some graphics software, and a guy with bong and a mic can do people? LOL.

Not sure if surreal is what a car ad requires though...
I mean, now that I've closed the page, I honestly couldn't tell you what brand it was...
so the ad didn't work did it?

But again...
could NOT stop watching it.
I bet it's jaw dropping in HD on a big screen.