PDA

View Full Version : The alien saga Prequel "Prometheus" noomi rapace signed!

prometheus
01-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, how fitting to name the prequel something like Prometheus:)

Itīs something within that myth I must say, us people messing with godlike powers to create life or steal fire from the godīs.

The second prometheus was Mary shelleyīs subtitle for the book frankensteins monster, the creation of life coming back to haunt Itīs creator, because He didnīt do a good job or didnīt think of the consequnces.

I believe some paralells have been drawn between oppenheimer and the atomic bomb as well.

Be careful what you dream and cook up at night and day, It might came back at you, if Itīs not a good thing that is:hey:

Anyway, I just read a newspaper in sweden stating that the swedish actor Noomi Rapace now finally has been signed as the first actor for a head role in the new Prequel Alien film.

Noomi had her break through in the Millenium series from the book by the former stieg larsson, directed by niels arden oplev, and in tv-series by
daniel alfredsson.

Michael

banjaxedmdt
01-16-2011, 11:42 AM
It's called Prometheus, Noomi Rapace has been cast, but it's no longer an Alien prequel.

prometheus
01-16-2011, 11:48 AM
It's called Prometheus, Noomi Rapace has been cast, but it's no longer an Alien prequel.

What?...thatīs what I said, Itīs called prometheus, and yes I mentioned that Noomi Rapace has been cast, whatīs the story behind repeating that:jester:

And what do you mean Itīs no longer a prequel? do you mean it will be a sequel, taking place after every other alien movie instead of before the first movie?

I could suspect that the topic genetic engineering might show up, but perhaps the space jockey creatures will be those who did that.

Michael

banjaxedmdt
01-16-2011, 11:52 AM
By that I mean it's no longer connected to the Alien series in any way. It's a completely separate and unrelated film.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/01/15/alien-prequel-no-longer-an-alien-prequel/

prometheus
01-16-2011, 12:01 PM
By that I mean it's no longer connected to the Alien series in any way. It's a completely separate and unrelated film.

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/01/15/alien-prequel-no-longer-an-alien-prequel/

Aha..interesting, we will see about that thou, It probably will be extremly hard to seperate this movie from the Alien saga, and as mentioned..strands from the Alien dna will be recognized.

I heard that HR Giger is contracted for this new movie as well.

If they do a deeper investigation from that space jockey, wich Scott would like to explore more, then I would say that Itīs still a sort of prequel.
But we will see in due time, exciting anyway.
Im sure we will see some monsters and blood in there ..right?

Michael

banjaxedmdt
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I think they are still set in the same universe, so who knows. Scott has said in the past that he always saw Blade Runner as being set in the Alien universe. It's a pretty big universe :P

prometheus
01-16-2011, 12:12 PM
aha..and angelina joline and charlize thieron in there too...
Maybe charlize could play the monster, She did a good job of it last time:)

hereīs some more reading about the movie prometheus..
http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Does-Prometheus-Stray-too-far-from-Alien-DNA/4864

Michael

prometheus
01-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Itīs gonna be interesting to see what style in art direction it will take, how would the scenographics look like? and what mood will the music and sound editing take?

Michael

Intuition
01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I really like where this whole idea is going.

The fact that its not an Alien movie first is perfect. Sure there may be Giger aliens in it but... its not an "Alien" movie.

This just helps give it more creative freedom. I was getting tired of the obligatory... "egg.... facehugger...chestburster....guy looks for small creature...oops its huge..." process.

It was great in Alien and Aliens was a fun twist but the whole Ant hive aspect to the alien species seemed alot less amazing then the idea that the aliens were far more complex then that. Prometheus looks to expand this world much better then Cameron could.

Don't get me wrong, I like Aliens as an action movie and it is rad but Alien is my fave. Its due to its pure immersion in the viscearilty of the situation.

Svenart
01-22-2011, 10:10 PM
aha..and angelina joline and charlize thieron in there too...
Maybe charlize could play the monster, She did a good job of it last time:)

hereīs some more reading about the movie prometheus..
http://www.cinemaspy.com/Movie-News/Does-Prometheus-Stray-too-far-from-Alien-DNA/4864

Michael

And I first thought this was a joke :( Please NOT AngelinaJolie... PLEASE NOT :devil:

JohnMarchant
01-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Well i was interested before but im not so sure now, sounds like a cop out to me. AJ they are joking aren't they.

prometheus
01-23-2011, 07:16 AM
Nahh..letīs do our own, go and pick up this lovely spacejockey model and
start with that:)
http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=208&p13_fileid=340

We still really donīt know for sure what genre it really would come close to, sci-fi yes, but will It continue being focused on sci-fi horror or just plain simple scifi with extra ordinary sets and story, with a new
provocative Myth?

You know I would probably not like to see the name Angelina joline in there, Itīs just to well known and the type of acting and movies sheīs done doesnīt really correspond to what we might expect, But never say never..she could turn up quite good if casted right and depending on how
she does the act..Im all for giving folks a chance.

Winona ryder wasnīt the first pick either in Alien 4 I guess, but she was just allright, but not more thou.

I do hope they donīt try and make to much of hero stuff with all these women.
When you look back to the Ripley character, she wasnīt typically male action heroe stuff, she was just this strong female with a very strong initiuve sense, intelligent, and making good decisions with the ability to pull herself together and Act instead of being paralyzed under extrem fear, but she was very human showing the fear outwards in expressions on screen.

I just love sigourneys face...so carismatic and intertwined with the alien saga, to bad she didnīt get the oscar for Aliens, I actually think she was so good there that she deserved it.

Michael

Svenart
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
Angelina Jolie would imho be the worst actor decision ever for a alien movie.

If they hire Angelina Jolie, why not also Jack Black, Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson?

I think there are alot better actors wich not only can "look nice". Actors, who did good movies instead of "tomb raider" rofl....

JohnMarchant
01-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Angelina Jolie would imho be the worst actor decision ever for a alien movie.

If they hire Angelina Jolie, why not also Jack Black, Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson?

I think there are alot better actors wich not only can "look nice". Actors, who did good movies instead of "tomb raider" rofl....

Well your in Germany id give it to Franke Potente, think she is a very good actress.

Kuzey
01-24-2011, 06:58 AM
Well your in Germany id give it to Franke Potente, think she is a very good actress.

+1

Run Lola Run, was an excellent film :thumbsup:

But my main concern is not with the actors, I hope they'll physically build the sets/creatures and not over do it with CG.

Kuzey

JohnMarchant
01-24-2011, 07:06 AM
+1

Run Lola Run, was an excellent film :thumbsup:

But my main concern is not with the actors, I hope they'll physically build the sets/creatures and not over do it with CG.

Kuzey

I think its being downsized. The only thing that Ridley Scott should be involved in is a prequel explaining the space jockey and LV426 seeing as the water has been muddied with all the follow ones from Alien.

This is sounding like a cop out and for all those who liked the original films this i dont think is going to satisfy them.

Yeah i hope that they stick to practical effects and sets as much as possible. As i said im not to optimistic sounds more like Re-Boot which i hate the idea of.

tischbein3
01-24-2011, 09:16 AM
This just helps give it more creative freedom. I was getting tired of the obligatory... "egg.... facehugger...chestburster....guy looks for small creature...oops its huge..." process.

Actually I'm quite happy how the whole franchise evolved through the time:
Every sequel wasn't that much about the continuation of the story, but more a differentinterpretation of the same story and their story (and especially phobic) elements.
So even from this point of view a "revisitation" from scott would be quite... lame: Since he already told us his alien.

Hey, their mood is even color coded:
You got the black alien, the blue alien, the brownish red alien, the green alien and if you stretch it... the flatgrey-one-dimensional avp alien. ;)

Great news.

JohnMarchant
01-24-2011, 09:25 AM
Well we agree to disagree on that, Alien was good, Aliens was ok but different sort of movie, the rest well best i dont say anything about them, i did not really like. It was not the story so much but the delivery.

I hope this goes back to the dark moody atmospheric past, less shock and awe and more horrific thriller.

Still think prequel is better than some sort of Re Boot even if they dont call it that.