PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have these problems in LW10

Ryste3d
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
In windows 7 it only uses 40 - 50 percent of my cpu at rendertime (totally new computer with 64 bit i7 CPU 950 3.07Ghz and 12 Gb ram)

No support for , and witch is standard letters for the Nordic countries. Now I have to rename all my models, scenes and textures. And that's fine. But then I can not open them in LW 9.6

Package Scene only works randomly (never any problems in LW 9.6)

Any news when there will be a bugs fix for LW10 or do we have to wait for LW11. I want to take LW10 into production assap.

Wade
01-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Windows Vista 64bit

LW render uses all of the 4 threads on a dual core. Pegs 100% on all four really quick.

Wade

funk
01-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Please report any bugs you find:
https://secure.newtek.com/FogBugz/default.asp?pg=pgPublicEdit

I have reported bugs in package scene. Others have reported bugs in non-english characters.

My PC is similar to yours and lightwave 10 uses 100% CPU during renders.

Cageman
01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Any news when there will be a bugs fix for LW10 or do we have to wait for LW11. I want to take LW10 into production assap.

As others have said, make sure you report your bugs with content that reproduces the problem (if possible).

I'm pretty sure that NT would want to release a solid update to LW10 as soon as possible to squash as many bugs they can. I mean... what choice do they really have?

:)

Gumby22don
01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I had a wierd recurring problem through beta where it was only using 10-50% of cpu, and a full uninstall and clear of the USER folder lightwave settings, then reinstall fixed it a few times.

I haven't had it happen on the latest build though.

Don
have a great day

Matt
01-14-2011, 09:21 PM
In windows 7 it only uses 40 - 50 percent of my cpu at rendertime (totally new computer with 64 bit i7 CPU 950 3.07Ghz and 12 Gb ram)

Never had that happen, always maxed out on all cores here. Do you have a scene that it does this on?

No support for , and witch is standard letters for the Nordic countries. Now I have to rename all my models, scenes and textures. And that's fine. But then I can not open them in LW 9.6

This is something we're aware of, fixes have been checked in, and we'll be testing these in beta.

Is this related to the problem above? If not, can you describe what you're seeing? (Or not seeing!)

There will be a 10.0x update to catch the bugs we didn't get to, no official date yet, but trust me, we're working on it!

nanaboso
01-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Windows 7 64-bit. Just tried a scene with a name containing and , several imagemaps also named with norwegian letters. Works great and using 100 % of cpu.
I'm using Rev 2067.

dee
01-15-2011, 04:18 AM
Windows 7 64-bit. Just tried a scene with a name containing and , several imagemaps also named with norwegian letters. Works great and using 100 % of cpu.
I'm using Rev 2067.

Seems the letters-problem occurs only with older scenes from 9.x and earlyer.

Matt
01-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Seems the letters-problem occurs only with older scenes from 9.x and earlyer.

Yes, just to clarify, pre-10 LW never handled these correctly, when we're done with the changes to that system in LW10.0x will be able to handle these fine.

rsfd
01-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Is this related to the problem above? If not, can you describe what you're seeing? (Or not seeing!)

Hello Matt,
I'm taking a chance here to chime in:
Package Scene also has it's issues on OSX, it started during the 9.6.1 OpenBeta (cases #32903 and #33046 at least).
LW10 comes up with other results (I will update my bug report soon), it seems to me - esp. on OSX - that these are related to LW path handling.

This seems also to be one of the main reasons, that broke Blochi's sIBL script on OSX since v.2.0.
Blochi has given up on fixing this, blaming buggy LW-Mac, I had send in a report during the OB (#28700), without any response.
Various issues from OB made their way into LW10-(Mac) and were never resolved, not even worked on (e.g. SplitBone, which is broken too #32433)
Many Mac-Wavers would like to get some info about the plans here.