PDA

View Full Version : Gravity troubles

L0ckz0r
01-14-2011, 05:06 AM
I have a soccerball which I added gravity to in motion options.

The ground level is set right, elasticity is 40 percent and it effects the entire timeline

However I though I would be able to increase the height of the ball as it moves and it would rise and fall in an arc. However once it's on the ground and I try raise it again, it wont budge.

For example, it starts a few meters up and drops to the ground and rests there after bouncing. Then someone kicks it and it's supposed to fly in the air, instead it just slides on the ground. Why is this? Can someone explain how to achieve ball gravity better?

UnCommonGrafx
01-14-2011, 05:10 AM
How much 'energy' is being put into it to achieve height? And how is that energy being put in?

L0ckz0r
01-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Okay well I'm a bit of a nub. I'm not putting any energy into it. I was just moving it using keyframes. How do I put energy into it?

01-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Smile, that's why I asked the question that way.
Make a collision object and hit it with it. A good way to do this is to follow the foot kicking the ball with said collision object into the ball.
Or, easier, keyframe your important parts and do it by hand. I'm sure that would get you there faster than a simulation. It is fun, though, to do it by simulation.

Edit: need a statement here - same guy, different moment in space.