PDA

View Full Version : LW10 menu font size adjustable?

battery555
01-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Really need some help here with the question above. Apologies, age catching up and eyesight not improving. It take me some effort to read the menu from my screen. Thanks in advance :help:

JohnMarchant
01-14-2011, 02:49 AM
Sorry within LW its not changeable, has to be done within the OS

battery555
01-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the tips John. Greatly appreciated. Isn't it the font size similar to 9.6? If so I guess it got to do with the color of the background and the white text. I'm we can modify that. How that can be done?

JohnMarchant
01-14-2011, 03:30 AM
You can change colours but only in a certain RGB range, if you come up with wildly inventive colour schemes and it does not work its because you have overstepped that range, its a limitation of LW interface.

For changing colours i recommend this http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114134&page=3. Gui colour tool is very good.

As for fonts there is nothing to be done about the size apart from changing it in your OS, of course it all depends on your Display and Graphics card as well. I wish my font was smaller as i think its to big, but my eyes are ok and im 50.

battery555
01-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks John. I'll go easy with the color range. Have a great weekend.

JohnMarchant
01-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Hi Mate,

Yeah that link i sent you as far as i know will only give you the ranges you are allowed and also its good to see what effect they actually have on the UI before applying. There are also several user submitted UI schemes.

Your lucky mate i wish i was in Singapore, have not been there in 10 years. Used to love my Hawker Stalls for food and taking in a movie at the cinema in Yisun. I was in Sembawang at was HMS Terror but now think its just called Terror.

Have a good weekend yourself and your family.

Regards John

Matt
01-15-2011, 10:12 AM
You can change colours but only in a certain RGB range, if you come up with wildly inventive colour schemes and it does not work its because you have overstepped that range, its a limitation of LW interface.

Not any more, I removed that most annoying 'feature'!

:)

JohnMarchant
01-15-2011, 10:25 AM
Not any more, I removed that most annoying 'feature'!

:)

Thanks for that Matt, i have LW 10 and did not realise it had changed. Good to see, suppose there is no chance of changing the font size :):):)

Matt
01-15-2011, 12:01 PM
There is an experimental command line that Bob put in to specify the font for LightWave. But it would have to be a similar sized font, as the UI was just never designed with font sensitivity in mind, so it was merely for cosmetic purposes, and it was only put into one of the apps, but I can't remember which now!

battery555
01-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Hi Mate,

Yeah that link i sent you as far as i know will only give you the ranges you are allowed and also its good to see what effect they actually have on the UI before applying. There are also several user submitted UI schemes.

Your lucky mate i wish i was in Singapore, have not been there in 10 years. Used to love my Hawker Stalls for food and taking in a movie at the cinema in Yisun. I was in Sembawang at was HMS Terror but now think its just called Terror.

Have a good weekend yourself and your family.

Regards John

Hah... I didn't know I could tweak the color using LW10 HUB. There's a tad bit easier and straight forward.

Interesting to hear that you been here. I frequent the cinema at Yishun as I reside near there. 10 years is quite a while probably things change a bit. Sembawang is fairly quiet place compare to the rest of the towns. Most of our military camps based there. Talking about HMS do you happen to serve in the Navy?

JohnMarchant
01-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Well i hope it has not changed to much. Used to go to Sentosa Island quite allot. I take it Raffles is still there, what about Lucky Plaza on Orchard raod i think. Yes i was in the Royal Navy for 25 years so been to most the places in South East Asia, my favourite part of the world.

I take it that Singapore is still a "Fine City" Lol :):):)

battery555
01-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Yes, you get fine for chewing gum. This is not official until you get caught. Folks are still buying it across the straits and nobody really care. The ban was implemented many years ago when the government spend much money and resources to clean up the gums stuck on the floor. As you may know the authority is very particular about Singapore being the "fine" city :D

JohnMarchant
01-19-2011, 05:38 AM
Well, i always liked the place and the people, Singapore and Hong Kong always had a great time there. Im not in the Navy now but i hear that since 1997 the Royal Navy does not go there very often now.

Remember having the T-Shirt with " Singapore is a fine City", "Fine for this, Fine for that", but the best was the eating out really loved it.

battery555
01-19-2011, 05:47 AM
Ha... those are really bad publicity for the country. The irony is that it wore by many singaporean. I bought one myself too :lol: Hmm... how is your NAVY career related to what you are doing now?

JohnMarchant
01-19-2011, 05:53 AM
Im in security now, a little bit to do with what i was doing in the Navy, i also do freelance graphics. I left the Navy 9 years ago, when i got my pension. What do you do in Singapore then.

battery555
01-19-2011, 06:04 AM
I quit and do my freelance design business after I6 years working in design house and in-house in SME . I do mostly graphic design and occasionally use LW for print.

JohnMarchant
01-19-2011, 06:10 AM
Good to hear mate, hope business is good for you, but it should be in Asia you still have relatively good economies out there. In Europe it sucks at the moment. My partner is French she has her perfume business and caters for quite rich people who want 100% natural perfumes. We are both considering leaving Europe all together.