PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 10 Portable, possible?

dualboot
01-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Does anyone knows if there is a way to make Lightwave 10 more or less portable, every Lightwave directory and file inside one main directory("C:\Lightwave"), including license?

Greenlaw
01-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I've been wondering this too. Is there a way to get Lightwave 10 to look for a license file in a user defined directory like we can for config files (i.e., via shortcut with inline command)? Requiring the license file to be in the user profile in a special .newtek directory is a little inconvenient.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer.

artstorm
01-13-2011, 01:10 PM
I've been wondering this too. Is there a way to get Lightwave 10 to look for a license file in a user defined directory like we can for config files (i.e., via shortcut with inline command)? Requiring the license file to be in the user profile in a special .newtek directory is a little inconvenient.

I don't think you can define your own folder for LW to look for the license file in, but you can drop it in the /bin/ folder instead of the user profile, and by that have the .key file in the same folder as the rest of the LightWave program files.

Kuzey
01-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I hope you can still define your own preference folder location, like you can in the Mac version of LW9.6. Having it within the app folder or "SharedSupport" was a great idea.

Kuzey

Greenlaw
01-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think you can define your own folder for LW to look for the license file in, but you can drop it in the /bin/ folder instead of the user profile, and by that have the .key file in the same folder as the rest of the LightWave program files.

Thanks! That was just the info I was looking for. :)

G.

dualboot
01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. I was looking for a way to move entire .Newtek folder into main Lightwave folder. I guess there is no way to do it yet..if someone figures it out, please share. Thx.

wrench
01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
I think the license.key is the only one you need to move (and not even then). You can create redirects for the config files anyway so that they can sit on the key.

B

Lewis
01-19-2011, 01:00 AM
I copied license FOLDER (with "license.key" inside) into "bin" Folder and my LW10 is self-contained fully (I deleted .Newtek....... folder and it still works fine).