PDA

View Full Version : VT video/audio issues

Steve Kirby
01-13-2011, 08:33 AM
I had my VT shipped to an event and it looks like it was bumped around a bit. So I visual checked everything internally and appeared to be o.k.

I crank up the VT and some issues started to appear...

I have my cameras connected to the SX-84 via Composite. The video does not show up on Program Video, but does show up when select on Preview and Effects. It also does not show up on my external screen via composite output.
The red light that indicates the selected live feed on the SX-84 does not switch.

The audio is messed up too. If I play a computer source, the audio plays through the VT input along with the output. Kinda like a loop. weird.

Any advice?

I've re-installed all software. Up to 5.3

SBowie
01-13-2011, 09:03 AM
My first thought is to remove the VT card from it's slot, clean the edge contacts, and replace it. A soft pencil eraser will do the job adequately, absent something more professional.

Steve Kirby
01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
Thank you...I just did that...
Now when I rebooted and opened VT5, It asked me to run auto calibration. The hour glass shows its thinking...but It seems to be taking a long time. Its been 10-15 mins. About how long do you think I should wait? and what would be your next step?
Thank you for your help.

PIZAZZ
01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
I would bet your SX84 to VT Card cables are backwards. Check the Video In and Video Out cables specifically. If they are backwards, things work but only wonkily.

You might check your cable and swap it out on the Audio side of the SX84 to VT.

Also double check the blue ribbon cables. I would take them out and reinsert them making sure they go in snugly. A couple of times I have seen that cause all kinds of issues.