PDA

View Full Version : Simple and idiotic question...

wacom
09-28-2003, 01:26 AM
OK...at the risk of sounding like an idiot (again) I'd like to ask a very simple Lscript/Lscript commander question.

All I want to do is make the current frame advance by 15 frames, advance the object down the Z axis a bit, and make a key frame.
Repeat...

I can get the object scooting down the Z axis, but I have to still enter (the current frame)+15 everytime and then hit enter to get this simple opperation to work.

In Lscript Commander I have entered to get this:

AddPosition 0.000000 0.000000 1.964717
CreateKey

My question is this: Can I do this in Lscript Commander or do I have to write an Lscript using currtime, currframe, frame etc?

The thickness of my skull is growing by the minute...

PS if this is just WAY too simple please feel free to tell me I need to read the LW manual over yet again...

fxnut
09-30-2003, 08:08 AM
No, I'm pretty sure you'll need to write a script to do it. You'd need to access the Scene() global to obtain the current time and current fps (to deduce the current frame number), and you can't do that in LScript Commander.

Shouldn't take too long to knock something like that up tho I'd have thought.

wacom
09-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by fxnut
No, I'm pretty sure you'll need to write a script to do it. You'd need to access the Scene() global to obtain the current time and current fps (to deduce the current frame number), and you can't do that in LScript Commander.

Shouldn't take too long to knock something like that up tho I'd have thought.

Thanks for a reply...this is what I needed to know. Well looks like I'll be learing some scripting soon- could be fun if I look at it the right way. Thanks fxnut.