PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 and daughter card

eBrito
09-27-2003, 11:53 PM
Hi Folks;

I got my VT3 from B&H this week.
It cames without SX-8, so, I called them I asked for that.
First of all, the sales guy told me i need an additional card to connect the SX-8, and then, he left me on hold and asked his techinician about that. After that, he cames and told me i don't need any additional card, just the cables. So, he sent me the SX-8 and i got it.

After spend a few minutes with the user manual, i think i really need a daughter card to connect the SX-8.
In my computer I have juste the VT card with this connectors: 4, 3 and audio. I can't see the connector number 5 (like user's manual says). I opend the computer and there are no cards attaceds to the VT card.

Could somebodory help-me? I reallly need this daughter card? And... where can i buy it? I checked at B&H web site and there are no SX-8 daughter card to sell.

Thanks

Norman
09-28-2003, 05:02 AM
That card was supposed to have come with your SX-8, you should not have to pay extra for it. Take it back to B&H and have them give you another, or get your money back and buy it from another dealer.

PIZAZZ
09-28-2003, 03:10 PM
There There, Still yet another reason to buy a VT system from a dealer that actually uses the equipment and doesn't just sell you a box.

Let me know if you still can't figure it out and I will help you out. Only because you are now part of the family.

wvp
09-28-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I second the idea to buy from another dealer. B&H will not support the Toaster anywhere close to what a "smaller" company will.
Proof of there knowlege of the product is in your conversation.
The SX-8 that I bought from www.videohardwareservices.com came with the daughter card and the cables needed.

eBrito
09-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Thank you so very much guys.

I really appreciate your attention and i'm sure i'll need you help to many things, i work a long time with NLE workstatiosn and softwares like after effects, premiere, combustion, etc, doing post production and visual effetcs :) but i'm new with VT.

But now i can call the seller and ask about "my daughter card".
I let you know what they tell me.

And wvp, the link you gave us is broken, could you check it out? If it's a good store, i'd like to add it to my favorites.

By the way, i'm sorry about my english, i started to learn how to speak english just one year ago when i came to america :D

Once again, thanks all of you

ted
09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Your English ain't too bad after only one year.
Did I say "ain't"?;)

PIZAZZ
09-29-2003, 04:58 PM
I agree, Ted.

I have seen people who have lived here all their life have worse.

Let me know if you need any help figuring out the SX8 and Daughter card.

eBrito
09-30-2003, 02:00 AM
thanks guys.
i talked to the salesman and after a long conversation, he told me that NewTek will send me the daughter card on wednesday.
so, i hope get it working on thursday.

eBrito
10-02-2003, 10:33 PM
i got it.
i installed the daughter card and VT3 found my SX-8, but it's not working well.
ltake a ook at this thread please:

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11861