PDA

View Full Version : DP Kit - download problem

robyht
01-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Hi

been having a problem downloading Mr Ps Kit from his site, the zips seem corrupt, getting the error message "unexpected end of archive" and "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged" from WinRAR, any ideas anyone?

cheers
Rob

Kuzey
01-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Try a different browser like FireFox...sounds like you might be using IE?

Kuzey

archijam
01-11-2011, 07:36 AM
No internet explorer :)

prometheus
01-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I think I once downloaded the dp kit with explorer, and yes when unpacking it was corrupt, firefox downloaded it correctly.

I rarely use explorer for anything these days, slower, cant handle some picture links properly, and I often use firefox and download helper for youtube, when downloading pictures in explorer it also doesn´t remember the current folder I set for downloading properly.

Michael

robyht
01-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Yep solved, used Firefox and downloaded, unzipped and installed in a jiffy, (funny, other zips work fine on IE)

Thanks guys, your my heroes

borkus
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
That's why I hate IE. It's sucked for years and I think they like the legacy of sucking...

BigHache
01-11-2011, 08:08 PM
My IT dept. at work officially only supports IE. For the life of me I can't understand why.

IE is like Mega Maid: it can only go from suck to blow.

geothefaust
01-11-2011, 09:05 PM
I've been having issues with a few customers lately having trouble with downloads - I've found recently that two browsers are having major download issues with archived files (7z, zip & rar). Both IE and Firefox, in fact. So I've been recommending Opera and Chrome. Opera has much better success, it also has a nice download manager with resuming and other functions.

So there you have it: Opera, give it a go. :p

VonBon
01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
i havent had a problem with IE.

Bill must not like yall :D