PDA

View Full Version : Grid size...

Sarford
01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm adjusting the gridsize to scale an imported scene to normal mesurements.
Problem is though, if the grid size is 2m, does it mean the distance between the thick lines (black) or the thin lines (gray)?

nickdigital
01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
I believe the thick lines are the origin lines. The grey lines would be your grid.

Sarford
01-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Nick, but what I need to know is the 2 mtr grid size, specified in the display settings, are the black lines (major lines) two meters appart from eachother or the gray lines? Or to phrase it differently, on the grid, are the black (big) squares 2 by 2 meters of the gray (small) ones?

nickdigital
01-10-2011, 04:39 PM
I believe the small grey squares are 2x2. I'm not seeing the larger lined squares.

The quick way to figure out what's going on is add a null and move it out to 2m on X and 2m on Z. See what it lines up against.

Sarford
01-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Good thinking Nick, will do!
By the way here is a pic from my grids, just to show I don't need new glasses ;)

Cheers man!

Silkrooster
01-10-2011, 10:21 PM
If I recall its the thick lines. I beleive you can turn on or off one or the other I don't recall which.
It may have to do with snapping. If you recall there is a drop down that give you the option of 1M, 2m, 4m or something like that. The lines are suppose to appear as you zoom in.
Anyway don't mind my rambling, I don't have LW installed at the moment due to drive issues, so I can't confirm anything...