PDA

View Full Version : New Geocache multi import idea...

akademus
01-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I just did the testing of the new feature in LW 10 and it works quite well. However, it would be cool if there is a script that will look into directory and/or subfolder and load all the models and their corresponding xml files, which are the same name btw, thus eliminating the need for loading large amount of objs and and assigning their xml files.

Is anyone interested/willing to look into it?

wrench
01-11-2011, 04:08 AM
If it simply saved out an .ma as a step to being able to include everything it would be good.

B

geo_n
01-11-2011, 09:37 AM
We requested that in the hc forum. An autoload feature for matching objevts to their geocache. I even requested a pc2 export import for lw 10. 3dmax works better with pc2 files. Maybe maya wotks better with xml geocache and they focus on that.

dpont
01-11-2011, 09:54 AM
...I even requested a pc2 export import for lw 10. 3dmax works better with pc2 files...

DP MD pack has displacement point_scan and player for that,
not native, but I encourage testing...

Denis.

akademus
01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I still think simple loader script which will scan the directory for obj or lwo files and apply their respective xml files would to the trick. I unfortunately cant write sh*t, but it would definitely help when transporting animations from maya to lw...

geo_n
01-11-2011, 11:02 AM
DP MD pack has displacement point_scan and player for that,
not native, but I encourage testing...

Denis.

Yep I posted it a while back that I was successful importing pc2 files to lw 9.6 sometime back to help cresshead I think. But now I want pc2 writer from lw to 3dmax for lw 10 :D

dpont
01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Yep I posted it a while back that I was successful importing pc2 files to lw 9.6 sometime back to help cresshead I think. But now I want pc2 writer from lw to 3dmax for lw 10 :D

May be that I wasn't explicit enough,
Point_Scan from DP Motion Designer in LW is a writer,
you have the choice, MDD, MCC or PC2.

Denis.

geo_n
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
May be that I wasn't explicit enough,
Point_Scan from DP Motion Designer in LW is a writer,
you have the choice, MDD, MCC or PC2.

Denis.

That I didnt know. :D
I ll check it out.

vfxdomain
01-17-2011, 04:24 AM
I still think simple loader script which will scan the directory for obj or lwo files and apply their respective xml files would to the trick. I unfortunately cant write sh*t, but it would definitely help when transporting animations from maya to lw...

It's sounds simple enough, if lscript have access to geocache loading. I can try to create such a script, please upload a few simple objects with their coresponding caches, so i can use them for testing.