PDA

View Full Version : LScript resource utilization

GruvSyco
09-27-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey guys,

I just started programming in LScript and I noticed that upon repeated use of my LScript (testing after every change), Modeler seems to be eating memory. Last night, my page file was something like 1.5GB after a few hours. As soon as I closed modeler, everything went back to normal.

Is this some kind of known bug?

LW7.5c Intel.

Also, are there any good resources out there... It looks like LW Outpost redirects to Newtek now but I don't really see any LScript refs here other than the Docs.

Thanks.

fxnut
09-30-2003, 09:03 AM
You might want to make sure that an "editend()" is being called after your "editbegin()" if you're using them. It's conceivable that LW is caching the mesh modifications you're making to disk, and not releasing them cause your script crashes/terminates, etc.

As far as good LScript resources go, I think the LW community is in dire need of one. I'm gonna look at starting one up just as soon as I get a chance (which won't be for a few months or so yet)

Regards

Andy

GruvSyco
09-30-2003, 11:31 AM
Thanks Andy,

Yeah, it did have the editbegin() and editend() statements. Your second thought seems like a good possibility. Any way to verify that?

I look forward to your future site, that'd be cool.

:D

fxnut
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by GruvSyco
Any way to verify that?

I don't know if this is what you're getting at, but if your code has lots of editbegin() and editend() calls all over the place, then you could just declare a global variable so that you add one to it whenever you call editbegin(), and deduct one whenever you call editend(). Then just display the global variable when you exit the program using info(). If it's not zero, then you know you've got a mismatch of 'begins' and 'ends'.