PDA

View Full Version : audio tracks in Adobe Premiere pro 1.5.1

lreyes
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Wonder if anyone edit video in premiere, but when I put a second audio track on the time line, it goes to an audio track farther down instead of the next track after the first one. The second audio will not let me move it to the audio track next to the first one? I have four audio track and a master. the first audio track in on audio track one, but the second one will not let me put it next to the first one below.

lreyes
01-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I found my solution to this problems, In order for me to put more audio on the tracks below the orginal audio is to have the origianl first audio already embedded in the original movie by saving that video and audio and then bring it in on the time line to put more audio on subsquent tracks.

lreyes
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
You can manipulate the imbedded audio track since it is in a track all its own. You can unlink that audio track too. Also, you can edit that track...I could not find anything in the manuals stating the problem I have, unless there is a work around it. It just takes another step of saving the video and audio track into a movie, then bring it in again to put more audio tracks.

lreyes
01-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Yes, you can do anything with that imbedded audio track after it has been saved to a movie. It is just the go around and time to save the movie first. I am using Adobe Premiere 1.5.1..(very old version) so your application is better and more up to date.

Rayek
01-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Wonder if anyone edit video in premiere, but when I put a second audio track on the time line, it goes to an audio track farther down instead of the next track after the first one. The second audio will not let me move it to the audio track next to the first one? I have four audio track and a master. the first audio track in on audio track one, but the second one will not let me put it next to the first one below.

Don't forget that Premiere's Audio tracks do not allow different types to be mixed on the same track: so mono tracks (one small speaker icon) cannot be placed on a stereo track (two small speaker icons). The same holds true for dolby 5.1 tracks.

It sometimes creates a bit of a strange situation where you would be dragging a video with a mono track into the timeline, and the mono audio track is added as a new track at the bottom (because there may be no mono track available, and Premiere will add one automatically at the bottom).

A simple workaround is to unlink the audio, save that as a wav, open in a sound editor (Audacity for example) and convert to the type you need. Re-import, and done. No need to re-render your video.

Silkrooster
01-11-2011, 10:33 PM
It is suppose to be possible to convert from mono to stereo or the reverse. within premeire but I think that was added in one of the latest versions.