PDA

View Full Version : Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse

Tails
09-27-2003, 04:58 PM
In the previous thread about mice, someone mentioned they used the Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse but that the mouse settings didn't work in Lightwave.

I'm trying to decide between that mouse and Microsoft IntelliExplorer which are both about the same price.

So I was wondering what settings don't work in Lightwave?

Thanks!

Neuroup
09-27-2003, 05:11 PM
I have mouse made by microsoft. And i have 2 extra buttons. In preference you can make this buttons for other utils, programs. But this two extra buttons doesn't work under a Lightwave i don't why. I wroten to Microsoft and ask why isn't work? And they written that they don't know :-) 2 extra button for polygons and points[too change a mode] it will be great :-)

Tails
09-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Oh, I have the Microsoft Wireless Optical IntelliExplorer mouse at the moment, but the need to "wake it up" to bring it out of battery saving mode all the time makes it freakishly annoying to get a one or few pixel movement, or hit an exact mark.

The extra buttons work in Lightwave for me though. I have the buttons on the side set as Undo and Redo.

Matt
09-28-2003, 07:00 AM
that was me, I have one!

whenever I change the speed settings for the mouse they are reflected in Explorer but have no effect when in LW, which makes me wonder whether it's using the full 800dpi.

it also suffers a lot from 'pointer jiggle' which I assume is where it can't decide quite where it is due to the high dpi.

it's also very, very picky about which surfaces it sits on, anything even remotely reflective screws it up.

papa0
09-28-2003, 08:16 AM
i just got the Itellipoint, and it kicks ***

Tails
09-28-2003, 01:37 PM
A pity no one seems to have done a comparision review on those mice, the MX500 and IntelliExplorer.

Ah ok. I guess to avoid being totally annoying you have to keep your mouse speed around the same as what it goes in Lightwave?

Pointer jiggle, yeah my Wireless Intelli... does that too. Sometimes when I'm not even moving it :confused: heh

I think I'll be aiming for stores with a 7 day right of return if I don't like the mouse. But I'm also wondering about trying a trackball, because I've never given them a go before.