PDA

View Full Version : Camera matching/photo matching question..

Snosrap
01-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Is it possible to use a photo as a "camera match", but then be able to move the camera around in the scene and not lose the match? I want to use interior shots and fill them with furniture. Would I apply the photo as UV texture to the floor and walls? Do I need 360 photos? Example: I camera matched these last night as a test using some photos I found on the internet, but what would I need to do if I wanted to change camera location and or angle? Thanks.

SteveH
01-07-2011, 07:58 AM
I think it won't work at all as the photos you've used look good and correct only from that perspective. As soon as you camera moves you would see more of the side of the furniture - but the 2D picture doesn't have any more visual information other than the one view that you have. There is no - more - to the side of that furniture in that photo. You can UV map 2D photos onto a simple 3D object however - which will allow you to move the camera around no problem. Hope that made sense.

Snosrap
01-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the reply SteveH, yes I understand my limitations with these photos, but what if I were able to have control over the photography, would there be a way then?

Netvudu
01-07-2011, 09:04 AM
If the camera motion is not very extreme and/or you control the angles, then activating Fixed Front Projection on the desired frame should be enough. If you are going to move the camera to places that show areas that the original photo couldnīt capture, then you need several cameras to project the different photos.
If you will later reuse this furniture in other scenes you might want to bake the textures for convenience.