PDA

View Full Version : Need to deliver PowerPoint with your video?

bhopps
01-06-2011, 01:42 PM
We are a Tricaster owner out of California providing webcast services to businesses. Many of our clients want to augment their video with slides in a separate window - either they want the slides visible all the time, use small type on their slides, or simply feel the slide quality at low bandwidth is not good. To remedy this we deliver the video in one window and the slides in another, and include a chat/question feature. (See attached image.)

We still use our Tricaster to switch cameras and encode the stream, but the slides are pushed from a separate dashboard by the client. This means the video quality is much better than a WebEx or similar solution and the slides are perfect.

Its really a nice set-up and our clients like it. It's a proven platform and we have used it to deliver high-profile events for companies like AMD and Siemens. We are now looking for partners like you to use it as part of your own solution. For a demo, simply send me an email (bhopps at coreography dot com).

And on a side note, thanks to all those who participate in these boards. I have learned many Tricaster tricks from you!

Best wishes,

Bill
http://www.coreography.com/about/contact.php

bbeanan
01-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Are you pushing the slides as video too? My big issue would be most presenters are now including video clips and or animations that other solutions I have seen lose. Here is what my solution looks like

bhopps
01-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Brett -

Actually the slides are converted to flash and maintain their animations. This makes it more bandwidth-friendly then if we were pushing it all as video. In a perfect world we could go all hi-def video, but we just aren't there yet in most enterprises.

We can play back video clips in the slide area, but I typically only do that when we are delivering an audio webinar. If you have a Tricaster, you might as well play those videos from the DDR, although nothing is really stopping you from mixing the two - we just haven't done it that way.

Heh, if your interested I can convert a slide-deck for you and we can see how it works for you!

Regards,

Bill

pdxJoe
01-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi Bill,

Your site does not show a demo of the presentation player with video and slides. Can you send out an example?

Thanks!

Joe Christensen

bhopps
01-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Joe -

Yes, we are working on a screencast demo right now. I will post when its completed (give us a week), but am always happy to do a live demo too.

Thanks for your interest.

Bill
http://www.coreography.com

joseburgos
01-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Are you pushing the slides as video too? My big issue would be most presenters are now including video clips and or animations that other solutions I have seen lose. Here is what my solution looks like

Man those are some very good looking Dualboxes Brett :)

bbeanan
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
they sure are some super smart and creative guy whipped them up...

csandy
01-14-2011, 09:04 AM

Nice stuff. Are these yours, Josť?

Someone should have recommended Kathy wear a longer skirt. I'm just saying....

csandy
01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
We are a Tricaster owner out of California providing webcast services to businesses. Many of our clients want to augment their video with slides in a separate window - either they want the slides visible all the time, use small type on their slides, or simply feel the slide quality at low bandwidth is not good. To remedy this we deliver the video in one window and the slides in another, and include a chat/question feature. (See attached image.)

Yeah, my CDN does something similar, but there's a lot of full motion video in powerpoint these days. The thing is, if possible - it's best to work with the presenter and break out the video from the powerpoint so it can be shown in high resolution, instead of the usually highly-compressed video that can play smoothly on a 2.5" laptop drive.

bbeanan
01-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice stuff. Are these yours, Josť?

Someone should have recommended Kathy wear a longer skirt. I'm just saying....

Yes Josť made them for me in a pinch (my VT5 system went down so I was unable to make them on my own)

as for your second comment... I think the skirt was perfect... a bikini would have been better... :dance: I'm just saying from a guy who grew up during her prime...:heart: