PDA

View Full Version : Ultraviolent Teaser Trailer

Shade01
09-27-2003, 04:13 AM
Here is a teaser for Ultraviolent.

http://www.ecreativityworks.com/ultraviolent/uvteaser.zip

7.3megs, Divx 5.1 codec

I'll try to get some other file formats up later.

ned
09-27-2003, 02:02 PM
Nice. But nix the clicks in the sound loop.

Talyn
09-27-2003, 04:33 PM
I was looking forward to watching your trailer but then noticed that I had to download a DivX codec. The last time I downloaded a DivX codec, it messed up my system and none of my media players would work.

renderingfarmer
09-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I have to disagree with ned, I think the sound loop is great. My problem is from a purely cinematic standpoint:
The after the "ultraviolent" text appears, the last shot of the dude with the goggles is a shock shot, i.e. the audience is supposed to, on some level, jump, because having seen a relatively still shot and then the title, they think it's over. The problem is that 1) the title fades out, leading you into this shot more or less. No it should be a very quick dirty cut. 2) (back to ned) the sound loop becomes inappropriate here. While it works well throughout the whole beginning, this clip is a decidedly different shot. I would add one of those annoying movie noises (dono what they're called, like a fast violin noise) or even add some sound, like the guy yelling or whatever.
Anyhoo, looks very cool overall; also I would have preferred a little more action behind the fence (moving clouds or dust or something) to show that it's not a still.

peteb
09-30-2003, 10:20 AM
Yep have to agree, it's almost like that last clip was put in by accident. It needs to be quicker as well, as a rule of thumb usually with shock frames like that you can't work out exactly what just appeared. So that shot should be a lot quicker and maybe have the character jump up in front of the camera, blurred and out of focus, maybe hit the camera and have some interference. Definitaly need to have a sound stab, so some kind of quick horrific sound that will make the viewer jump.

hrgiger
09-30-2003, 12:57 PM
I think the shot of the sign is a little uninteresting and static. I think it would be improved greatly if you added a little more motion to it. There is a little bit of motion towards the sign of the camera but I think it's barely noticable. Maybe you could try starting a little further back and have the camera move towards the sign in the same amount of time. Either that or maybe have the sign slowly revealed through rain or fog or something else. Just my .02.

peteb
09-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Another thing that would be cool is to maybe have a piece of old paper or rubbish(trash) that's got stuck on the sign, animate it blowing in the breeze. Then maybe a gust of wind could force it to blow away revealing part of the sign that you couldn't see at first. To be honest I can't remember what the sign said but maybe with the paper in the way the sign seemed quite boring, it's only when the paper blows away you realise it's a warning of something bad.