PDA

View Full Version : CPU Activity

adc
12-29-2010, 12:13 AM
I'we put together this little utility for monitoring cpu load, since i coudln't find a nice looking one for windblows, and Mac activity monitor has such a pretty one :) Hope you find it usefull..

Cheers.

JonW
12-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Very nice. Simple & to the point.

I wouldn't want it any larger & this is with 16 threads on a 30" screen. Would prefer a smaller size.

It's probably difficult to scale so maybe in a smaller option & a very small option (which would be great for Remote Desktop render nodes.

I like running WTM but it does take up a lot of room.

adc
12-29-2010, 01:45 AM
I was considering scalability, exactly in the manner you suggested., but wanted to hear opinions ;) I'll make an option for three sizes then :) Thanx mate :thumbsup:

adc
12-29-2010, 08:20 AM
There it is V1.2 :) Beside three different sizes option, now you can hide gauge background. Now it should suit most needs...

Happy monitoring ;)

ToMar
12-31-2010, 09:57 AM
I only get this:

---------------------------
CPU Activity
Unable to locate the "Processor" performance object.
OK

again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and......

Until i kill it with the task manager (wich shows a little 16x16 Icon of your CPU allocation in they system tray when minimized)

OnlineRender
12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
will not close down for me ,unable to write to CPUActivity.ini. but I think it was sandboxed hence why it cant write .

seems to work ok though !

adc
12-31-2010, 10:53 PM
@ToMar: quite strange i must say, although i didn't test it on Opteron, that is a cpu you have tasted Cpu Act. on i persume?

@OnlineRender: yes, it could be sandbox. Try starting it in "normal' win mode.

ToMar
01-01-2011, 11:09 AM
@ToMar: quite strange i must say, although i didn't test it on Opteron, that is a cpu you have tasted Cpu Act. on i persume?

@OnlineRender: yes, it could be sandbox. Try starting it in "normal' win mode.

yes

adc
01-01-2011, 11:20 AM
yes

I'll try to resolve the issue..