PDA

View Full Version : 3DJunkies needs Users (E-Portfolio & Social Network)

OnlineRender
12-28-2010, 11:19 AM
http://www.3djunkies.net

I am not the greatest at English written so I will make this short and sweet .

I have been working on www.3djunkies.net api for the last few weeks,the best way to describe it is "think Facebook for artists" .

There is still work to be done , css layout and so fourth , but the site is now functioning and its now time to release it on the public .

I am looking for alpha testers / Users to push my servers , nothing hard , you just need to use the site ,any suggestions or features , please let me know and I will get working on it .

Great thing about 3DJ is that its based on open source software ,so if you don't like or think an aspect could be improved , by all means if you have the skills I will happily embed the content .

There will be 2 main accounts :

(W.I.P_
Free and Pro:

Free account will have key features removed and user bandwith size capped at 1 gig , that's still alot of space .

Pro Account
is still to be implemented but I would like to share what It will do in the future .

Pro Account will give eash user the function to create there own shop , the prices will be determined by the user , not a third party influence , for example you will have the ability to host and charge for tutorials ,pluggins presets ,rigs ,models and so on , this will be based on https ,sql and 128 encrypted . giving the buyers the opportunity to pay with all Major CC paypal and several other methods .

" IT's cutting out the middle man out , and giving the user there own freedom "

This will not be installed for a few months, so atm everyone will be on an even par :

Tool Set ::
Blog -Create your own Blog or Follow Others
Files - Upload and Manage files
Video - Upload your video files and the server will convert to FLV
Groups -Groups ,Create your own ,follow , post blogs , group discussion (forums) +more
Photo's - Upload your images /render to your Albums
Members - exactly what it says on the tin
eportfolio -your Eportfolio
Custom Style -Edit and manage your own custom themes .

3DJunkies will only succeed if you use it .
There is a business model and project scope which in time I will share .

As of mid January I am out work again "sigh" so this will be my new fulltime job , I have small buffer of cash to inject into the site ,so its not just take take take .

As I small token of appreciation if we hit 200 members by the 24th of January I will enter you into a random number generator and if your member number is picked , I will post you a brand spanking 50 Wacom Bamboo Tablet with ArtRage "whooooo I hear you say " , maybe small but atm its all I can afford and just my way of saying THANKS .

I honestly can't make this work without you guys !

I am looking for companies , studios ,freelancers ,coders ,pluggin devs , writers ,artist , pretty much everything and everyone is welcome .

To the guys that signed up and helped me out at the first stage, I will happily promote your site and work as a good will gesture .

anybody with some skills , I do need a hand , I have 2 Devs atm , but both are tied up until the end of Jan , "these boys are good and I trust them " .

The Business model is based over 2 years , I have been to the bank and at the moment I am registering the company , yes it is a company .

anyway I said I would make this short and sweet ,thanks for listening!

Look forward to seeing over at 3DJ

www.3djunkies.net

(PS) dont get confussed with 3djunkies.com that's a separate variable .

UltraViolet
12-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Free tablet ?

I'm in :D

I have one already, but I can give it to my wife, lol :hey:

OnlineRender
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
thats the spirit :) it's an awesome tablet for low entry level ,bought one for myself a few weeks back :)

OnlineRender
12-28-2010, 12:09 PM
play around on the site mess about ,set things up ,I will change the crontrigger action so file upload sizes are bigger ! 150 meg sound ok ?

calilifestyle
12-28-2010, 08:19 PM
i wish you guys where using open ID. this way i can just use my google id, you guys would have all my info then hehe

jasonwestmas
12-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Hmm, cool, I'll check it out! Thanks for being socially minded for us 3D people. :)

calilifestyle
12-28-2010, 08:33 PM
yeah its cool idea, but might be hard. he'll need to be able to integrate things like twitter and such.

jasonwestmas
12-28-2010, 08:36 PM
Cool, I've been meaning to start a 3D blog. Anyway, I'll play around with the blog tools and see what I can do with it.

OnlineRender
12-29-2010, 03:18 AM
yeah its cool idea, but might be hard. he'll need to be able to integrate things like twitter and such.

not a problem , I was considering setting up Facebook and Twitter login function , just sometimes I think people are little apprehensive entering the details in ,tbh I understand why , but in reflection its not like the server stores personal information , it only uses FB's Api function in which I need to setup keys to enable users to log in .

I was thinking about this last night *one of they nights you lie in bed thoughts spinning unable to sleep . 200 members is a bit of an over shot

* so I will make 150 members and the date 02/02/11 ,if I dont reach the goal the target I will still send out the Wacom Tablet :) no point in it sitting here doing nothing .

on that subject note , I am looking for donations /prizes /company support ,the works :) , I would love for the guys over at 3Dworld and other mags to get involved . I have some small prizes to give away to users over the next few months ,nothing game changer , just small little eastereggs more than anything .

feel free to post here if you have any problems .

manny.velgara
12-29-2010, 02:24 PM

OnlineRender
12-31-2010, 04:24 AM

Thanks .

Cheers guys doing well , Goal Target of 150 member's is on track :)

UPDATES :

File Manager :
Updated file tree manager , now easier to create and organize your virtual storage and files :

Ebuddy: Connect to your favourably chat server inside 3Djunkies.

Security UPDATES : patched security flaw , also enabled stopforumspam api keys : server should be even tighter , although it will not stop manual spammers it should kill bots .

CSS , cleaned some css up , a little more user friendly .

Changed Friends to Following , A little more twitter like .

again thanks to all that signed up ! but we still need Junkies :)

OnlineRender
01-02-2011, 03:50 AM
Added Lightwave Database

I have build into www.3Djunkies.net a new Lightwave database .

I am still tweaking atm , but it will also give users to upload there plugins rather than them just being url forwarded " you can do both"

Screen Grabs :

Display Menu
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7623/ui4k.jpg

User Submission Form :
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3462/db2l.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3361/db3we.jpg

TABS and Navigation

Information , Download , Images , Video , Forum ?????
User will have the options to rate and comment on the product with categories and search method .

it probably will not be active for a few days but just to let you guys know .

if there is anything I have missed or you would like to see additional tabs , let me know ... cheers

OnlineRender
01-02-2011, 04:11 AM
3DJunkies UI :
Its a bit clumpy atm , hopefully buy the end of January it will be slicker

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5/ui3ae.jpg

OnlineRender
01-02-2011, 04:27 AM
Personal Profile Page : This is your own page your own domain : it can be customized moved ,chopped and changed .

Grab A widget and go :)
'using mspaint to capture how 90s'
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8449/ui5o.jpg

OnlineRender
01-02-2011, 02:13 PM
Sorry people had to roll back the servers ! "sigh" I lost 4 members ,member numbers:28-32 ROLL BACK DATE 31-12-10 "so if you singed up in the last 2 says , I am sorry " you may need to resign up ,any problems post on this thread .

I tried to save you ,but the only way I can keep the online site working is going back to this date .sorry :(

OnlineRender
01-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Lightwave Database now active : some minor problems , but it works cool ! :)

I need more Junkies thanks to everyone who has signed up .
There is one member who has not activated there account ,if you have not received and activation notice , please let me know and I will activate your account asap .

New Features

Bookmark:, bookmark your content as private "for you own reference " , Logged in users , public or groups .

Thanks . .

OnlineRender
01-09-2011, 03:54 AM
doing well but need more members ,come join us .

http://3djunkies.net/mod/riverdashboard/graphics/3djlogo1.png (http://www.3djunkies.net)

we are 30% intake before we move to closebeta , it will then go invite only so grab your space asap .

cheers

www.3djunkies.net

BLOG
E-Portfolio
LW Database "under construction"
email
internal msg
Ebuddy