PDA

View Full Version : The "Buy Now" link for LW10 doesn't work?



Maxx
12-27-2010, 11:18 PM
So, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy 10. I go to http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php and click the "Buy Now" link on that page. I am redirected to shop.newtek.com, which includes no Lightwave. Anywhere, so far as I can see. For "Shop by Category", it shows "SpeedEDIT", "3D Arsenal", "TriCaster", "3PLAY" (?), "VT", "Content Packs", "NewTek Graphics Packs", "NewTek Gear", and "Warranties and Returns". A search for "Lightwave 10" produces no results. Am I supposed to buy it elsewhere?

Dexter2999
12-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I think there is a chance the page is down while they are revamping for 10 to "go live". You see there is no LW10 listed...not as a product or as a presale. But neither is there a 9.x listing either.

So this may be a case of no news is good news.

Maxx
12-28-2010, 05:10 AM
Which is great, but I'm missing out on locking my next five upgrades to $495 because the option to upgrade now is not there, which is a bit more like a case of no news is costing me money.

JBT27
12-28-2010, 05:59 AM
Have you dropped a line to sales to ask? LW10 may only be hours away now, and as Dexter2999 suggests, you may have caught it at just the wrong time. It's a bummer if you have, but really, it can't be more than a day or two away now.

Julian.

Philbert
12-28-2010, 07:44 AM
Which is great, but I'm missing out on locking my next five upgrades to $495 because the option to upgrade now is not there, which is a bit more like a case of no news is costing me money.

That promotion was extended until CORE is released later in 2011. Something I'm very grateful for.

What's funny about this is that that page was already upgraded to say LW 10 instead of 9.6.

Maxx
12-29-2010, 05:17 AM
That promotion was extended until CORE is released later in 2011. Something I'm very grateful for.

It was? I thought that was only until 10 was released in the next day or so...


Have you dropped a line to sales to ask? LW10 may only be hours away now, and as Dexter2999 suggests, you may have caught it at just the wrong time. It's a bummer if you have, but really, it can't be more than a day or two away now.

Julian.

No, I hadn't yet e-mailed sales. I was hoping there was an updated link or something to be found here. I'll e-mail them now (we can hope 10 is only a day or 2 away... ).

cagey5
12-29-2010, 07:01 AM
The price doesn't go up until Core is released next year. This announcement includes the info. Relevant passage copied below..

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114586

If you have not yet upgraded to LightWave 10, you can continue to purchase LightWave through our Special Limited Time Offer of US$495 for upgrades and US$895 for full units. This Special Offer includes membership in the LightWave HardCORE community with all of the HardCORE benefits. In 2011, when an updated version of LightWave 10 ships with Modeler, Layout and CORE together, the price will increase to US$695 for upgrades and US$1495 for full units.

Maxx
12-29-2010, 07:10 AM
The price doesn't go up until Core is released next year. This announcement includes the info. Relevant passage copied below..

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114586

If you have not yet upgraded to LightWave 10, you can continue to purchase LightWave through our Special Limited Time Offer of US$495 for upgrades and US$895 for full units. This Special Offer includes membership in the LightWave HardCORE community with all of the HardCORE benefits. In 2011, when an updated version of LightWave 10 ships with Modeler, Layout and CORE together, the price will increase to US$695 for upgrades and US$1495 for full units.

Ahhh - somehow I had missed the deadline push back - thanks! So I guess that LW10 won't be out in the next couple days, then. Now, if I could just figure out where I can purchase, I should be all set - e-mail sent to customer service, just waiting for a response.

Philbert
12-29-2010, 07:12 AM
No LW 10 (modeler / layout) will probably be out in the next couple days, just CORE will come out later. The discount will end when CORE is out.

GraphXs
12-29-2010, 08:30 AM
So that would include the next 5 versions at the current upgrade price until Core v1 is released? Or is the next 5 version lock down price gone?

Philbert
12-29-2010, 10:12 AM
As I understood it the entire deal stays in plays until CORE is released, meaning the discount plus the lock.

Maxx
12-29-2010, 03:01 PM
I gotta give some props to Lauren Tate as NT Customer Service - I had a reply to my e-mail before 8:00am NT time this morning! Calling to order now...