PDA

View Full Version : Batch OBJ exporter for Modeler (9.6)

GraphXs
12-27-2010, 05:54 PM
:help:Does anyone know of a Batch OBJ exporter for modeler? One that could keep the layer "names" of an object as the file name?

This would also be useful for TrueArts Batch baking camera to use the names as the layers on rendering. Is that possible? It would make things quicker when going back to Max.

Thanks

GraphXs
12-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Ya, I just looked at LScript for the first time and have no clue what I'm doing. Is there a command listener in Modeler? Or something like action scrpiting like photoshop? The big issues I see is switching between layers as far as a script would go, at least if I had to attempt to create a script.

I was also think if about another script that applied UV to models based on the same name of UV and texture name. Is that possible?

evenflcw
12-28-2010, 12:43 AM
Here's something to start with. Simplest possible setup. Pick a folder. It runs through all layers of current object (only) and saves them either with their specific layer name or object name+layer number.

The code looked quite a bit simpler a moment ago. But added comments where I otherwise don't and kept coding trying to add basic LW8 support. Then gave up because it wasn't worth the time and effort (reasons are in comments).

It could probably use some options. Feel free to add/remove/modify.

GraphXs
12-28-2010, 10:13 AM
Here's something to start with. Simplest possible setup. Pick a folder. It runs through all layers of current object (only) and saves them either with their specific layer name or object name+layer number.

The code looked quite a bit simpler a moment ago. But added comments where I otherwise don't and kept coding trying to add basic LW8 support. Then gave up because it wasn't worth the time and effort (reasons are in comments).

It could probably use some options. Feel free to add/remove/modify.

Start with!WOW Amazing stuff! I tried it out and it's perfect! :bowdown:

Thanks, this should help my workflow 100%! I took a look at the script, and don't understand a thing! Thank you! Thank you! :D:thumbsup:

evenflcw
12-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Glad it worked. Thanks for the positive comments. And you're welcome.

GraphXs
12-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Again, Thanks for the script! I just visited your site, and discovered all the other tools/plugins/scrpits you created! Oh, a a donate button! A small donation has been made, it's not a lot, but a thank you for spending time making the Batch OBJ script. What a great community this is!

Oh, and for the LW8 version of the script, don't need it! I will be using it for LW9.6 and hopefully v10.

evenflcw
12-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Oh and a donation! Thanks for that. A great community it is.