PDA

View Full Version : VT3 plays great, but...

Norman
09-26-2003, 12:46 PM
I've lost my audio device. Somehow, my audio device has disappeared. I am unable to choose the Toaster as the preferred audio device and can no longer get sound from any application, except VT3. I've never had this happen before. HELP!

Tom Wood
09-26-2003, 03:38 PM
By 'audio device' do you mean a separate sound card? I went through a similar challenge trying to get a high-end audio card to co-exist in the same PC as VT. The computer vendor eventually was able to place each card in a specific slot so that they didn't fight with each other. I have it set up so that WinXP has the audio card selected, and since VT3 doesn't seem to care what WinXP is selecting, the audio out of the VT3 card works at the same time anyway.

HTH

TW

Norman
09-26-2003, 06:41 PM
The audio device does not show up in my system and I cannot choose anything, seems to have just disappeared.

JesusLovesU
09-29-2003, 03:46 AM
Hopefully it wouldn't be a hardware problem that I suspected. Or else, you need to get another VT3. Try to swap the PCI slot to ensure motherboard stability.

I don't think that the problem is from software error.

Norman
09-29-2003, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the response, but, it turned out to be software. I reinstalled the software and everything went back to working correctly. Somehow, I must have inadvertently deleted it, or some program did. I kind of suspect the VT3 installer, because I used it to reinstall some of the CG templates I had accidently deleted and my problem started shortly after that. The VT3 installer doesn't seem to work properly for repairing or modifying existing installations, but as long as I'm back in operation fully, I won't complain.