PDA

View Full Version : Changing color of wireframe against backdrop/background, PDF Help doc

stephenbuck415
12-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone.

I'm beginning the video tutorial on Lightwave 8 by Layne Smith and am having some trouble. I'm currently on Ch3_Legs, which involves creating a basic wireframe for the legs of an old TV set.

The first problem that I am encountering is that I am unable to see the wireframe that I am creating without great difficulty, and I would like to adjust the color of the wire.

So, I downloaded the Modeler PDF from my account to look for the answer. Not knowing the best keyword to search, I thought to explore the bookmarks. When I select any bookmark the document does not open to it but rather gives me the opportunity to rename the bookmark... I have not encountered this before with other manuals. When I right-click on the bookmark and select "Go To Bookmark," it doesn't.

I have learned how to change the Default Sketch and selected point/wireframe colors, but not the basic wireframe. I can adjust the brightness and contrast of the backdrop, but still not change the default color of the wireframe.

Is it possible to change the color of the wireframe, rather than just selected parts of it?

Thanks

JeffrySG
12-24-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm not at my machine right now but maybe check in the display options 'd' key or the general options 'o' key and look for the default sketch color. You also need to be in the color wireframe mode not just wireframe. :)

Matt
12-25-2010, 03:36 AM
Detail Tab > Polygons > Sketch Color for selected polygons

Or as Jeffry said above to set the default for all newly created geometry.

stephenbuck415
01-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Apologies for the delay in replying.

Thank you, this seems to have solved my display problem.