PDA

View Full Version : I was amazed...

virtualcomposer
12-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Yesterday I went to my church to work in FCP and also Lightwave 9.6 from my laptop. Anyway, I wasn't happy with the earth I rendered days early (there's always something to tweak!!) so I made some changes. Granted, yesterday was the last day to get it done so obviously rendering out space and earth of 2700 frames on my Macbook Pro i5 was near impossible, I was able to easily "shift" a few things around to a reasonable setting so it looked halfway decent on the big 30 foot screen at my church. Anyway, when I looked at it at the church event, it looked amazing for a fast render of 30 seconds per frame which is all I had time to render for. I even had time to render out some high quality lens flares and motion capture before the night was though. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Lightwave saved the Christmas play that over 3000 people were coming to. That video was the beginning and explanation of the play itself. Thanks to Lightwave's incredibly fast render speeds, allot of people were happy and show went on. We were all sweating bullets around 6pm yesterday though. lol What I liked most about it was that the compromises to make it faster didn't harm the quality enough to look bad. I'm just amazed, when under pressure, LW didn't crash and kept pushing those frames out on the deadline. When you're getting paid, as allot of you know, time is money and dependability and speed is a major "Make it or not make it" factor. Thanks Newtek. You've made allot of people happy...including me.

Matt
12-25-2010, 06:23 AM
LightWave, a dependable workhorse. It's awesome.

Nangleator
12-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Infinitely tweakable until you get to your targeted seconds/frame render time!

Compare LW's performance under pressure to PowerPoint's, which is fully capable of reading your mind to find the most critical time to invent a new kind of crash, just to mess wit you.