PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster Studio freezes up and it brand new!

jamestownhodag
12-22-2010, 07:00 PM
We just tried to edit a thirty minute parade. with footage of two camera on the same HD. We uses a USB HD this is the HD that has the camera footage. The first 18 minutes with cuts, 3D dissolves, CG, and music, works fine the rest of it, every time we go to camera two footage from one it stops or freezes. Wait 5 minutes and it 's ready to go again.....to the next shot of camera two then stops again or freezes again .... wait 5 minutes and it is ready to go. It does this over and over. Tried everything to fix this. We guess that putting both cameras footage on one USB HD is the kiss of death, but for the first 18 minutes it is fine. It also shows in the VTP that we have 1400 undos. I find that hard to believe on a 30 minute parade. What's your thought on this.

bbeanan
12-22-2010, 07:37 PM
copy the footage to the Tricaster hard drive... your USB drive can not keep up causing the problems you are having. The only drives that can really keep up are e-sata drives and at that really need to be a raid drive like a g-raid.

kdamalie
12-28-2010, 10:05 PM
I just bought a G-RAID drive to hook up to my tricaster pro. i want to record to the g-raid instead of the internal drive, i don't want to reformat the drive( preformatted for Mac), any ideas?

bbeanan
12-29-2010, 10:33 AM
you have to reformat the G-Raids as they are formated FAT and you will hit the file size limit of 4 gig really fast.
Also I would record to the internal drive then copy the file over. For some time I was doing the record to an external until someone walked by and knocked the power cable and the unit lost power but I did not notice for about 45 minutes since there is nothing that pops up to say recording has stopped just the counter stops...

bbailey
01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
I've found that by recording internally to my Tricasters as a backup and to an AJA KI Pro works great for both my Tricaster Broadcast in SD and my Tricaster XD300 for HD. I do football games which run over 2 1/2 hours. I do post production in Final Cut.

I had a glitch that I personally caused for one of my games this past season and when I tried to edit the game in Final Cut the video clip of the game would not play. Fortunately I had recorded internally in the TCB but I hadn't thought about how I'd manage this recording should I actually need it.

I could have removed my TCB from its production trailer and brought it to the Final cut computer and digitized in real time from the Tricaster. But the interface, except for audio, was already in place for the AJA KI Pro so I simply re-routed the audio output from the Tricaster to the KI Pro and started recording the game into the KI Pro in real time from the Tricaster. I went to another shoot while transferring the recording. By the time I returned from the shoot, the game was completely transferred to the KI Pro. I correctly shut down the KI Pro this time and took its hard drive into my edit bay and plugged it into my Final Cut computer and started editing the game with no problems.

Be sure to have your Tricaster and KI Pro on a UPS backup.

I've found the KI Pro to really be a great way to record the Tricasters.

bob anderson
03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
Depending on the age of the TriCaster, they now have e-sata ports on them, and recording to external sata ( esata ) should give you the same performance as the internal drive.

Bob Anderson

jamestownhodag
03-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Only on ones above the Studio, ours does not have the e-sata port :(