PDA

View Full Version : LiveText - XD850 help

tkraemer
12-22-2010, 02:50 PM
We've just upgraded our VT4 to a TriCaster 850 used in SD only live productions. I transfered over .cg lower third files from the VT4. After slightly altering them, they look great in Live Text.... but.... when I try to use them in the 850, the formatting in just "not right". I guess my question is if they look fine in Live Text, why don't don't they look the same when used in the TriCaster?

Any help would be most appreciated... Thanks in advance....

Tom
City of Frisco

SBowie
12-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Not sure. Could you supply an example of 'before and after' to illustrate what is not right about the result, Tom?

tkraemer
12-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Here are sample photos of the LiveText original and program output when it's used in the DSK. I just can't figure out how to fix....

Thanks for any thoughts... Tom

PIZAZZ
12-27-2010, 02:27 PM
If the graphics are that simple, why not just create them over in the XD850 or LiveText2.0?

SBowie
12-27-2010, 02:53 PM
At a glance, it looks like the image aspect might be off off. Were they originally 4:3, and did you select that correctly when importing the .cg files into LT2?

kltv
12-27-2010, 03:44 PM
This looks like a potential bug. I think you've got the text tracking turned up a bit in LiveText. I tried the same thing, applied a tracking amount of 25 to it, but when I take that title page into the Live Production mode, it shows up without the tracking.

I'll file a bug report in NewTek's system on it.

Kris

tkraemer
12-27-2010, 05:29 PM
At a glance, it looks like the image aspect might be off off. Were they originally 4:3, and did you select that correctly when importing the .cg files into LT2?

Yes, 4x3 I think I selected it correctly.

tkraemer
12-27-2010, 05:37 PM
If the graphics are that simple, why not just create them over in the XD850 or LiveText2.0?

I can if need be... but.... There are about 60 of them in total, some with text instead of the numbers.

I had to alter them slightly from the VT4 .cg file, but I'd expect that whatever they looked like in the LT app would be what they looked like when used in a live production.

SBowie
12-27-2010, 05:37 PM
Feel free to zip up a couple of examples of the original files and send them to me, if you want. I'll try to replicate your results. (sbowie-at-newtek-dot-com).

tkraemer
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
This looks like a potential bug. I think you've got the text tracking turned up a bit in LiveText. I tried the same thing, applied a tracking amount of 25 to it, but when I take that title page into the Live Production mode, it shows up without the tracking.

I'll file a bug report in NewTek's system on it.

Kris

That would certainly explain it.... Thanks

Tom

SBowie
12-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Tested and confirmed, thanks Tom (and Kris!).