PDA

View Full Version : Registering Lightwave 10 - issues

Belzelcior
12-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Hi,

Just bought a Lightwave 10 update license (updated from v.7.5).
I did what the upgrade document said up until "Register your HardCORE membership using your new 15 alphanumeric I.D beginning with AAM" since I get an error message.

The message I recieve when entering my "Membership no" (the one starting with AAM) is:
"You have no unused qualifying LightWave registrations to associate with this membership. If you feel you have received this message in error, please re-enter your number, or contact Customer Service at 1-800-862-7837"

What should I do?
(I should add that I live in Sweden and calling this number is not a viable option for me).

funk
12-22-2010, 05:11 AM
See this: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112155

F1Racer
12-24-2010, 06:12 AM
My registration problem with LW10 is different. I registered it and it generated my licence key but I could not get it to unlock LW from Discovery mode.

I realised today that for some reason it generated the licence key to work with the 32bit version. I use 64 bit and the key is different.
There is nowhere for me to specify which version I wanted the key generated for so I can only assume Newtek assume 32-bit.
My 9.6 is 64 bit and it says so in My Products.

So for now until they re-open on Monday I am having to make to with the 32 bit version.

Kind of annoying and I really see no reason why the 32 and 64 bit keys should be different when both are offered for download at the same time.
It would save a lot of hassle if the key worked on both, surely.