PDA

View Full Version : Subpatch UV map not staying subpatch

The Dommo
12-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Hiya,

I got a model with a texture map etc, and it's set to Subpatch Interpolation mode to work with the subd model.

It's fine when I bring it into Layout etc and do stuff. But when I close the scene and open it later, the texture in Layout is all wonky and warped.

So I send it back to modeller, check it's still on subpatch interp (it is), so have to switch it back to linear, then back to subpatch, re-save model, switch back to Layout and then it's fixed.

But I have to do this everytime.

Why?

nickdigital
12-21-2010, 11:07 AM
I just made a subpatch ball with a subpatch UV and the Layout render is consistent each time I re-open my scene. Even if I close Modeler and reload the object my UV is still set to subpatch.

Are you perhaps mixing your map types? You have part of your model that's subpatch uvs and another part that's linear uvs? I think I've seen instances where my uv interpolation would get changed if I was working on a model that had both.

The Dommo
12-21-2010, 11:37 PM
Actually your presumption is correct... I do have a UV map being used for both non-subd and subd parts.

Guess I got to figure out how to clone that UV map, and have one for the subd parts, and one for those which aren't...

nickdigital
12-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Actually your presumption is correct... I do have a UV map being used for both non-subd and subd parts.

Guess I got to figure out how to clone that UV map, and have one for the subd parts, and one for those which aren't...

You should be able to select just the parts you want to copy and do a copy vmap operation. That'll make/copy your current UV map with just what you have selected.

The Dommo
12-22-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the input. Got it sussed now I think :)