PDA

View Full Version : Movement in layout turns into bounding boxes

Dreamcube017
12-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Hi everyone.

I'm having a little issue where everytime I move the camera (any kind, perspective or actual) things turn into bounding boxes.

Maybe it does this because there's a lot of geometry or something?... but I'm trying to get the camera to move around a somewhat complex mesh and since it turns into a bounding box with every movement, it kind of slows thigns down... a lot.

Is there a way around this? Thanks.

Dodgy
12-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Display options> Bounding box threshold :)

OnlineRender
12-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Display options> Bounding box threshold :)

instead of images when LW installs it should give tips aswell .

like that one

or ctrl left click on the E . . . even big dik didnt know that one .

Titus
12-20-2010, 03:59 PM
or ctrl left click on the E . . .

It took me years to discover this.

probiner
12-20-2010, 04:06 PM
LOL my teacher took his glasses when i did that while showing my works in progress.
"What what did you do?" "All this time i have been stuck to the graph editor!!!"

I found it by luck, these days most programs do things by shift,ctrl,alt.

nickdigital
12-20-2010, 04:07 PM
It took me years to discover this.

You guys mean Shift+Click. :D

Dreamcube017
12-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Hm... what does that do again? I guess I'll do it and find out. lol

nickdigital
12-20-2010, 07:01 PM

To remove an envelope you need to hold the Shift key and click on the envelope (E) button. I believe it's documented in the manual but it's one of those tiny bits of info that if you don't know it you'd think the program was intentionally trying to drive you mad.

RudySchneider
12-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Oi! Guys, the original question had to do with an object being replaced by a bounding box (presumably when running an animation in Layout), NOT envelopes! The original answer --- Display Options > Bounding Box Threshold --- is the only one I'm aware of that's relevant!

By the way, Dreamcube017, you need to pump this threshold UP (a lot!).

Dreamcube017
12-20-2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks Rudy.

I put it to 100K thinking I was all good, I exit the box, hold alt, click, wait for my awesome model to rotate in realtime so I can see every little edge... and a nice empty yellow outline shows up... wow.

I ended up putting it to 100,000,000. Now it works pretty well... it's a bit choppy, but that's ok. ... turns out I have to redo the model anyhow. Darn, oh well.

OnlineRender
12-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Oi! Guys, the original question had to do with an object being replaced by a bounding box

Oi Rudy you not read the thread ;) first post . hence why I de-railed it :)

RudySchneider
12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Fair enough, OnlineRender. There are plenty of "for instances" when it comes to Lightwave.

BTW, speaking of OT, I'm headed your way this Friday. We arrive Heathrow on Christmas day, hop flight to Glasgow the following morning, then pick up a car for two nights in Edinburgh, two nights in Pitlochry, and our third time spending Hogmanay at Culloden House, in Inverness. Shall I have a dram or two for you?

OnlineRender
12-21-2010, 10:16 AM
pour one out for your hommies . ! enjoy Scotland it's freak'in COLD .

Nangleator
12-21-2010, 12:45 PM
Control+clicking the E opens the curve editor with that curve selected.

Took me 15 years to find out about this one. Grr! What other tricks are hiding in there!?

OnlineRender
12-21-2010, 12:53 PM
#layout 'Ctrl Q '= life saver

well 'Ctrl + S ' is the real life saver !