PDA

View Full Version : installing digital fusion+??

cresshead
09-26-2003, 04:42 AM
hi
digital fusion+ [lw8 upgrade] arrived today with lightwave 7.5 install discs as well....

what's the proper procedure for installing digital fusion+ with it being tied to the lw usb dongle?

do i need to re install using the new lightwave 7.5 disc and get a new code etc or what?

there's nothing in the fusion manual about lightwave and fusion packin bundle...

if i've posted this to the wrong forum..please feel free to move this to the right area..i placed it here as is seem to get a good bit of traffic.

cheers
steve g

Bytehawk
09-26-2003, 05:05 AM
just install it from the DFX+ CD you got.
it'll do just fine, then activate on the fusion website, you'll get a keyfile to put in the install directory.

that's it

(or that's how i did it anyway.

cresshead
09-26-2003, 12:06 PM
so there's no need to install the lightwave that came with the fusion+ box?

just checking as i have a vague memory that people had to jump thru a few hoops to get fusion to see the lightwave dongle etc...
i'll hang on till i hear back..i'm in no rush but don't want to have a "bad install day" when i do.

steve g

CB_3D
09-26-2003, 01:20 PM
Ours arrived today, too. As i understand it the Lightwave 7.5c serialnumber that comes with the DFX deal will be necessary to install the 8 web-update once it becomes available. The LW cd makes no real sense,LOL. (Nice to have it, though;-)

Digital Fusion just needs the current dongle to be tied to.

Someone from NT correct me if i am wrong. I am in the middle of a project so i havenīt installed DF yet.

Cheers
Chris Burkert

badllarma
09-26-2003, 05:11 PM
what Bytehawk said was correct you will want to register the serial of the Lightwave disc you got with DFX BUT you do not have to install it.

I think from what I can gather when you finally go to the Newtek site to down load LW 8 you will have to enter the latest serial you got with the DFX package....although i could be wrong of course.

I emailed Newtek europe with a simlar question quoting the new serial and they said they would register it with my details for me?

Jockomo
09-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
... then activate on the fusion website, you'll get a keyfile to put in the install directory.

How did you get your keyfile? Email? I registered a few days ago and have not recieved a key yet.

Bytehawk
09-27-2003, 06:17 PM
first creat account

then register

I got it instantly, there was a button on the page once I filled all things in to dl the keyfile and they also mailed it to me

That was in june though (i m one of the early adopters who got a separate dongle).

edit : just checked, still works that way

mis
09-30-2003, 04:29 PM
i also recived my lw upgrade with dfx
and have read your posts but is very confused now

i bought lw 6+aura2 a few years back
and then bought the 7.0 upgrade and from that
i downloaded 7.5b and installed

havent installed 75c since i havent had no problems with 75b yet.

so now i have 75b installed and gotthe new dfx package

so how do i do it ?

i installed dfx but not the lightwave since i already got lw 75b installed.

and i installed dfx and ran it
and it says it has no licence and posts some weard lightwave seriel that i have not seen before !

so what do i do

do i need to reinstall my lw from scratch or is that seriel corect that dfx shows now?

and then login at eyeon and register with what seriel

the seriel that dfx says is my lw seriel thow i have installed 7.5b

or the seriel from the lw package ?

hope you can clear this out for me

MIS

mrunion
09-30-2003, 04:58 PM
If memory serves, you take the serial number it gives you, go to eyeonline.com and register it. You will then be e-mailed (or you can download) a .DAT license file to put in your DFX+ program directory.

At least that's what I remember doing when I installed everything. I can't remember where I read it.

mis
10-01-2003, 10:09 AM
WHAT should i use to register

The serial from the BOX of my dfx + lw package

or the seriel that dfx says is lw seriel when i start dfx

and if thats the case would there be a difference

if i have lw 75b installed or 75c ?

MIS

Bytehawk
10-01-2003, 11:44 AM
only one will work if eyon does error checking on serials.

so, you take one, if it doesn't work, try the other ? no?

mis
10-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Would anyone who HAVE a clue and know what they are talking about please answer insted of jada ja da try this try that.

MIS

WizCraker
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
What you are saying you guys got another LW CD for 7.5? Is that what I understand correctly? As I ordered directly from Newtek [through phone] and when I recieved DFX+ it just came with DFX+.

mis,

mrunion is correct on the serial when you start DFX+ you goto Eyeonline.com and register that number with them and get the DAT file. Simple as 1,2,3.

As for what everybody else is yapping about I have no idea. LW and DFX+ for updates are independent from each other. So if you had 7.5b installed when you installed DFX+ you can update to 7.5c with no probs. The only thing that DFX+ is tied to the LW Dongle [unless you were an early adopter that got a seperate Dongle], So if you want to run DFX+ seperate from LW on a different machine at the same time as you are running LW you would have to purchase a Dongle from Eyeon [$99] before you link it to the LW Dongle. If you have already installed it and want the seperat Dongle you would have to Contact Eyeon on how to get the new Dongle to work [as it should be the same way as if you went from Dongle to Site License as explained in the Manual]

thekho
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
DFX+ (lw8 upgrade) arrived today...whooo, so its quickly since i ordered it last sat. I'm exciting!!!:D cos i really enjoyed it with Digital Fusion demo. Thanks to Lee Stranahan's his DFX+ tutorials!

Bytehawk + WizCraker- they both are right.
My DFX+ worked so fine now. You need to regsiter at www.eyeonline.com then you have 2 numbers (serial number and CD Key) put to your user account. They will send you a keyfile. That's how my DFX+ worked so fine cos i read a reference manual.

Jockomo
10-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Well I finally figured it out and definately see the source of confusion.

Once you enter your info and hit register, you get to a page that lists your account on oneside, and on the other side where it says license details it is blank.

Look up at the top of the screen under the word Registration. There is a tiny little button that says "register" that you have to hit. If your like me you look at that button and think, oh thats the button that I hit to get in here in the first place. Well actually it's a different one and you have to hit it again to actually register.

You have 2 codes to enter at this point. 1: the code that is generated by looking at your lightwave dongle (yes it is different from your lw code, you'll see it when you try to run DFX) and 2: the CDKEY which is located on the bottom of the DFX+ box.

The rest is pretty standard.

Stewpot
10-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Hi cresshead,

Also be sure to register the serial # from the LW box even if you don't isntall it. This serial # will almost certainly be the one which will be elligible for the LW 8 upgrade.

Bytehawk
10-04-2003, 05:08 PM
and don't forget to have fun. DFX is a fun package to play with...

cresshead
10-04-2003, 05:43 PM
cheers for all the info in this.
i'll install as soon as i have some time to learn fusion..busy making 3d scenes for my show reel/printed portfolio...need a new job!....currently teaching max/lightwave and combustion at a college...[nottingham, u.k]
not enough teaching hours though...:(

steve g