PDA

View Full Version : Any one tried Maximo for rigging?

lreyes
12-17-2010, 11:59 PM
I believe this application is for true "professionals" as it cost to down load a variety of motions to rig motions then to Maya, and other programs. There turtorial clips on most application but not one on Lightwave, although I got an email from their home page that says they support Lightwave?

MaDDoX
12-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I *think* you're talking about Mixamo, and not Maximo, right? If that's the case and you really want to go down that route (of canned animations), in my understanding you're better off getting Poser Studio with its custom animation editor (to add personality to the mocaps by tweaking some settings) and getting that plugin to export the data to Lightwave. It's probably a higher initial cost, but at least it's one-shot vs the "pay per animation" model proposed by Mixamo.

It's up to people to decide of course, in my opinion it's just better to tweak stuff off the many free available mocaps out there, Lightwave itself makes it really easy to tweak this kind of stuff using IKB. If you have Motionbuilder then it's even better, just be aware that mocaps *never* get you rid of the work, it's generally the contrary, all it awards you it's a much better starting point for realistic and semi-realistic animation.