PDA

View Full Version : Mac and Windows

nietzwaar
12-17-2010, 01:46 AM
Hello I've bought an mac pro book and was wondering if it is possible tot use my lightwave on this pro because i cannot get it working. The mac also doesn't recognize my dongle.
I can only use the trial edition. Does anyone know if this is possible.
Thanx,
grts nietzwaar, Eric

nietzwaar
12-17-2010, 02:12 AM
what i mean is that i can now use it on my windows desktop and windows laptop (with the dongle attached) but is this also possible with the pro book?

tnhx

Phil
12-17-2010, 05:21 AM
Is it a purple or red/black USB dongle? You also don't mention which version(s) of LW you are trying to use, so it's tricky to provide specific advice. Needless to say, it should work on both platforms without any trickery or workarounds.

For current Universal Binary versions of LW (available since 9.3.0), the dongle drivers are included in LW itself and so there is no separate action needed on your part. This approach should allow you to simply plug your dongle in and be up and running - even if you copy the whole LW folder to another machine without running the original installer. However, some other software vendors tend to make life difficult. I've heard that PFTrack users have found that that software trampling all over the system and causing LW to have trouble finding the dongle.

If you have installed the legacy PowerPC version of LW (or are running version 9.2.x or earlier), it expects you to have separately installed relevant dongle drivers (the name of the installer for these refers to Eve3). There is an installer available from NT's registration page, but I do not know if it is current. It's worth noting that installing this version of LW on Intel Macs is unsupported because it runs within an emulation layer that can be quirky.

nietzwaar
12-17-2010, 05:28 AM
Hi Phil,
it's a black dongle.
And i'm running lightwave 10, did not install 9,6 on the mac, maybe i should try that?
when i dlld lightwave 10 for mac it gave me a trial serial nr.
should i first dl 9.6 for mac?
tnx
eric

nietzwaar
12-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Hi i got it running after downloading 9.6.
Thanks and greetings..

Eric