PDA

View Full Version : Beginner LScript help needed

olliewagner
09-25-2003, 06:27 PM
I have 250 EPS files that I need to load into modeler with a 1mm offset on the y axis. I would really like it if LScript could automate this for me. How would I go about doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fxnut
09-26-2003, 05:50 AM
I'm not sure LScript'll be able to help you here. I assume that the EPS loader displays a file select dialog? In which case, even if you managed to get LScript to trigger the plugin, you'd still have to manually select each file by hand consecutively.

If it helps, I think you can get LScript to trigger the plugin by defining a "User Command" in the Modeller->Commands menu, and then I'm fairly sure you should be able to call the user command from LScript. I think you use

CommandInput("MyUserCommand")to execute it - I know this command definitely works in Layout, but I'm not sure about Modeller. I haven't tried this myself, so I might be completely wrong.

To be honest, if it's an option then you'd be better off writing a proper SDK plugin if you're able to get your hands on some EPS loading code - that way you'll have complete control.

olliewagner
09-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the help :cool: