PDA

View Full Version : wanna sling some straw

jimiclaybrooks
12-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm doing a scene where a character has to throw some straw into a pond. I have done I don't know how many hours of work in cloth fx, but hard fx is new to me. Can anyone direct me to a tut or resource on how to get the right effect for the scene? thanks :help:

jimiclaybrooks
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
I've been watching some tutorials by Proton, and I think I know how to do this. We'll see.:jam:

SplineGod
12-16-2010, 11:18 PM
It depends on just how it needs to behave. Usually I go with endomorphs driven by textures as a starting point. :)

jimiclaybrooks
12-19-2010, 05:52 AM
Larry,
Man it's good to hear from you!!:dance: Obviously, you're doin fine, cause you're on the forum and doin your thing. God is good, ain't He? OK, so what I did was just use a hard body collision effect with a little wind to make the straw fall kind of slowly. I 'll post a few shots in the work in progress section after I get the renders done. I have to say, I'm not sure I would know how to do it your way. That would be interesting to look into. thanks for the help, and take care my friend. Its darn good just to hear from you. :thumbsup:

SplineGod
12-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Jimi, its good to be back :)
Drop me a line on skype when you get the chance :)