PDA

View Full Version : Help with simple IK leg rig

Nicolas Jordan
12-14-2010, 09:53 AM
I used to do a decent amount of rigging years ago in Lightwave but haven't done any for a long time. I tried setting up a basic IK leg rig and I can't seem to get it to work when I grab the goal. I know it's probably something very simple that I am missing but just can't seem to figure it out. I have looked at some of my old rigs and also watched the Lightwave training video on IK but I'm still stumped. If anyone could download my scene file take a look at it I would appreciate it.

RebelHill
12-14-2010, 10:11 AM
your goal null is a child of the chain its supposed to be controling, unparent it.

geo_n
12-14-2010, 10:14 AM
null 2 is parented to bone 3. unparent it.

Nicolas Jordan
12-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. :) I guess I parented the null in order to position it as the goal and then just forgot to unparent it.

bazsa73
12-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. :) I guess I parented the null in order to position it as the goal and then just forgot to unparent it.

left click + alt will snap it to the closest entity in your scene.
move the null the usual way and THEN you press and hold alt , not before as usual with alt+click combinations.

Nicolas Jordan
12-15-2010, 09:46 AM
left click + alt will snap it to the closest entity in your scene.
move the null the usual way and THEN you press and hold alt , not before as usual with alt+click combinations.

Now that you mention it I remember that feature being introduced and I had completely forgotten about it and was doing things the "old school" way. Thanks for reminding me about that feature.

bazsa73
12-16-2010, 07:26 AM
You're welcome!