12-14-2010, 09:36 AM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a293/silviotoledo/Semttulo.jpg
Just looked at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3xbh22GBI

an easy way to capture face motion with a webcam and sinth eyes

and also looked at here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wK1Ixr-UmM

where in AVATAR they added a camera fixed to the actor's face

and inspired tried to see how much usefull is bones to do a face rig.
I did it in a quick way without weightmaps ( and weights are really necessary to smooth deform ), and I got that it's very usefull. deform is more realistic than endomorphs.

We just need an easy way to retarget Nulls data to the bones.

Who knows some rig masters here can do this retarget script easy.

erikals
12-14-2010, 11:31 AM
coool!

no time now, but will have a look at this later. interesting :]

evolross
12-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Very cool... so is this animation actually performance capture or did you keyframe this and are looking for scripts to bring in null/tracker data from Synth Eyes?

erikals
12-15-2010, 03:13 AM
 
btw, did you look at zigntrack ?
http://www.zigncreations.com/zigntrack2.php

another idea is to make the bones drive morphs instead of bone deformation.
this would be done by using cycler.

 

silviotoledo
12-15-2010, 09:20 AM
Evolross - I did a quick test in Boujou ( wich work same way as sinth eyes ) and it works fine. I did only 2 controls adjust just to be sure the technique works fine, and it works. Need doing a more compex test, but a retarget plugin would help a lot, specially if we will work with different anatomy characters. Plan to do a complete test as soon as I get time, but there's rig masters here that could do amazing things if they look at this possibility. I also would try after effects tracking.

Actualy lightwave don't have retarget and it's necessary to use animeeple, Poser or Motion builder. I think it's not difficult to do a retarget plugin. I've done retarget individually by script, but it's a little painfull and I'm not sure it works for every situation.

Erikals. I think the best is mocap data drive a null that controls a set of bones instead of endomorphs. Morphs are not so cool as bone deformation 'cause it's a bit linear. Bones give better realism and interacts more with the face itself. We would also use some endomorps activated by bones to to some wrinkles or specific details.

Zign Track 2 looks too interesting once it gives you the solution retarget to the bones already. Hope I will have opportunity to test it soon.

It would be amazing to have this process inside a custom rig. Hope the rig masters from the forum will look at this.

erikals
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Erikals. I think the best is mocap data drive a null that controls a set of bones instead of endomorphs. Morphs are not so cool as bone deformation 'cause it's a bit linear...

...um, but the bone data from SynthEyes or other applications is also linear, (?)
so not sure if there is a big difference... (?)

silviotoledo
12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
No, they're not linear 'cause it calculates frame by frame to reconstruct the arcs of movement the face muscle has.

and also, on a bone rig, the axis of movement of a bone is far from the tip, what makes the movement doing arcs that morphs doesn't.

Anyway, morphs are also cool, but I think it's more hard to work if you don't have a good tool like TAFA and a quick feedback.

I've done 80 morphs for a character's face and it is still hard doing the face expression I need. With bones it's not so limited.

geo_n
12-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Very cool. Easy retargetting in lw is badly needed. Will Animeeple and Jimmyrigger do it someday...
Someone already did this perfectly in xsi I think. Greg Mutt?

Netvudu
12-15-2010, 08:52 PM
hey, Greg is not CG....it´s Pooby´s doggie friend

geo_n
12-15-2010, 09:40 PM
hey, Greg is not CG....it´s Pooby´s doggie friend

Don't reveal the secret. Tell everyone its perfect cg. :D

silviotoledo
12-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Yeah! XSI or Motion Builder are perfect softwares for doing retarget but I'm sure it's not difficult to do a retarget interface for lightwave. Let's see what the LW riggers and LW developpers have to say.