PDA

View Full Version : The flu..your house cures please!

prometheus
12-13-2010, 11:35 AM
uhh..Ivé been down and out since saturday morning with fever in 3days.
Resting, drinking lotīs of water, a water cold blanket on the head and ipren is put to work now.

any more suggestions, I found some herbal tea and I have some honey so I will take a drink of that.

Michael

Dexter2999
12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
Protien. (Chicken soup...or egg drop soup)
Sleep.
Extra blankets, sweat it out.

Get well soon.

probiner
12-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Vitamin C.
Hot meals/drinks. Blankets and sweat it out. Drinkin lots of liquids to compensate.
If you develop lots of expectoration or have allergic reactions, get something to stop it (this is what normally hits me bad, not the flu itself).
Rest.
Call someone and/or take same time for a little prayer =)

As melhoras

shrox
12-13-2010, 01:09 PM
The above suggestions and a shot of Jack Daniels.

bazsa73
12-13-2010, 01:44 PM
garlic, honey, lemon and warm fruit tea and warm bed

prometheus
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
The above suggestions and a shot of Jack Daniels.

Ahh..I need to fill my storage up with some of those, I have None right know:(.. It sure feels good to gurgle your throat with some of that and occasionally.. let it pour down too:)

Not sure itīs safe to mix ipren pills with alcohol thou, I once had a cold and took hacked garlic, juice, ipren and some liquer and my heart was pounding like hell and I sweated all night but in the morning the cold was completly gone, Not to recomend thou.

I was a little bit worried now, since I canīt recall having fever so many days before, and I thought maybe Itīs that damn swine flu or something.
I never took vaccination against it since I heard to many people getting very sick of the vaccination Itself.

And now here in sweden and finland thereīs been unusal amount of reports of children who has developed the disease narcolepsi, they get nightmares and are constantly tired and if they have strong emotion reactions they might faint, also the dreams start to kick in even when they are awake, almost like hallucinations.
the vaccination program in sweden and finland was with Pandemrix, wich can create disturbances on hypothalumus etc.

Anyway the latest two hours the fever seems to have relaxed, and im feeling much better, im just gonna take some warm rosehip soup with some whipped cream, crawl back to bed and just gaze on the tele to get my eyes sleepy and have a good nights sleep.

Michael

JonW
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
As said above.

You really need to only eat light food, enough water, not too much tea, green or black, as it does dehydrate.

Stay in bed but get some sunlight which it probably difficult this time of year, maybe artificial sunlight is the go. Get fresh air into your home.

Nothing stressful! Learn to be bored!

borkus
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Nobody knows why and scientists can't solve why it works but chicken noodle soup has been my "cure-all" for years and it works for me. Not sure if my mind makes it that way but any time I get sick I pick up a case of it and eat it until it's gone and I'm usually better by the end of it.

borkus
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM
But, forgot to say hope you get better soon!

Mr Rid
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
uhh..Ivé been down and out since saturday morning with fever in 3days...
Michael

I live with disabling health problems and I take health very seriously. First, talk to a decent doctor. Flu these days can indeed be serious, and 3 days of fever, particularly over 103 may need medical attention, not home remedies or soup. Tylenol has worked best for me at reducing fever, but if it has no effect, you may have a more serious infection. Anti-inflammatorys like Advil may also work.

What other symptoms do you have? Do you live with anyone else?

I once thought I had a bad flu where tylenol had no effect on a boiling temp. Men tend to try to 'tough it out' instead of getting help, but am glad I went to the doc after 3 days cuz it turned out to be bacterial pneumonia. He gave me a potent antibiotic that knocked it right out in a day.

Titus
12-13-2010, 07:00 PM
As Mr Rid said, flu simptoms usually are also the same as other virus infections, maybe you're in the window previous the big outbreak :). Maybe it's not flu, but some mild influenza. Three days with fever is a lot man, I hope you get well soon.

Here we usually "sweat the fever" for a night with some home recipes (mustard seeds, etc.) it's a hell night but you awake feeling fine the next morning.

cresshead
12-13-2010, 07:04 PM
hope your feeling better soon

Dexter2999
12-13-2010, 09:23 PM
Well, if we are taking the scary approach...

Flu like symptoms can also accompany meningitis. And undiagnosed that can be lethal within days.

ted
12-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Maybe too late for you, but Zycam and Airborne. I've never had it fail me or anyone who listened and tried it. But the key is to take it at the first signs.
Best of luck!

prometheus
12-13-2010, 11:10 PM
I live with disabling health problems and I take health very seriously. First, talk to a decent doctor. Flu these days can indeed be serious, and 3 days of fever, particularly over 103 may need medical attention, not home remedies or soup. Tylenol has worked best for me at reducing fever, but if it has no effect, you may have a more serious infection. Anti-inflammatorys like Advil may also work.

What other symptoms do you have? Do you live with anyone else?

I once thought I had a bad flu where tylenol had no effect on a boiling temp. Men tend to try to 'tough it out' instead of getting help, but am glad I went to the doc after 3 days cuz it turned out to be bacterial pneumonia. He gave me a potent antibiotic that knocked it right out in a day.

Thanks everyone for your caring and tips, I live single and isnīt around people that much, taking a lift with my collegue to the work, so I donīt know where I picked the flu up, perhaps the shopping mall, or simply my collegues had the infection somehow but they were protected against it with vaccination.

my nose isnīt dripping and Isnīt stuffed, except for the usual chronical rhinit I have wich makes the nose stuffed in one nostril at the time sometimes a year.

When this broke out, I felt how thick sticking mucus was gathering at the back of my nose, but I just couldnīt snort it out, and I had to swollow it to get it away the back way so to speak.

The worst fever seems to be gone, but theres a little left, Im a little stiff and sore in the neck, not much thou.

Ivé been getting dry coughs and Im taking bisolvon that helps loosen up though mucus and that has made me cough up some of that discusting stuff.
Im having a hard time to get tired and sleep thou, so I think Ill stay up for as long as I can to get really tired.

Yeah the health care suggestions are to contact a doctor if the fever isnīt gone within 3-4 days and I will do that if thatīs still the case this day.

Michael

akademus
12-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Thats the thing with the flu... if you treat it, its gone in 7 days. If you not, it last for the whole week ;)

prometheus
12-15-2010, 06:44 AM
Thats the thing with the flu... if you treat it, its gone in 7 days. If you not, it last for the whole week ;)

yeah thatīs a bummer.

Im feeling much better now, I still donīt have the strength to work yet thou.

As I mentioned the fever kicked in at saturday morning and at tuesday I called the doctor, since I mentioned that the fever wasnīt that strong thou, he thought that it wasnīt necessary to do anything, and he canīt exactly describe antibiotics for viruses.

Thereīs really not much you can do once the flu got you, except for if you get in contact with a doctor the very first day of the flu, there seem to be some kind of antiviral medical you could get to slow down the infection, but not to cure it completly.

I got an perscription on cocillan etyfhin, wich has a morphin base and It
decreases the coughing reflex, However in my case I really needed to cough the thick mucus out, so I used bisolvon to loosen that up and it actually helps, but you have to endure the coughing, and before I need to get some sleep I take some doses of cocillan etyfhin in order to get some hours of cough free sleep.

The body temperature seems normal now, I just hope It stays that way now for the rest of the day and night, It has been coming and going since I took ipren (ibuprofen) Im lowering the doses of them now, I donīt want to get a stroke from over excessive use of them.

This long fever I had is a little eye opener thou for me to start exercise more and eat more healthier for the next year and prepare myself with improving my immune system.

I have some allergies, and that by Itself is some sort of lack of immune defense in the cell membran as I understand It.

I canīt eat carrots, apples, pears..so the one apple per day keeps the doctor away Isnīt easy to follow perhaps.

Im also allergic to birch pollen, grass, dog and cat and some of that could be the cause of my chronic rhinitis perhaps.

Michael