PDA

View Full Version : HUGE spider

oliversimonnet
12-12-2010, 05:42 PM
ohhh i had to post this on the forum's
this spider a 1st doesn't look to big but at around 35 sec you see it in its full glory and WOW it is YAWGE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU&feature=related

jameswillmott
12-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow, we get them inside often but that one is *really* big, I've never seen one so big before...

COBRASoft
12-12-2010, 06:30 PM
Now, that's scary BIG!

oliversimonnet
12-12-2010, 06:34 PM
i know its HUGE isnt it.
and i can bearly stand a small one haha

Hopper
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
It could be worse .. you could be chased by the dreaded "Giant Snoopy Spider" ...

I'm going to have to get one of these for next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DsaXfNgQZ4&NR=1&feature=fvwp

meshpig
12-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Wow, we get them inside often but that one is *really* big, I've never seen one so big before...

I dunno, I've seen foot long stick insects in your neck the woods... they're harmless even when not made of plastic:D

probiner
12-13-2010, 01:55 AM
I don't understand ppl. Dinner crawls home by itself and they complain...

COBRASoft
12-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Donno how much food is in a spider like that, but I would certainly lose weight fast :D.

pooby
12-13-2010, 02:22 AM
That video is susiciously neat in it's construction.

bazsa73
12-13-2010, 02:34 AM
total lamness in the end when he is stumbling with the plastic whatever on his foot

StereoMike
12-13-2010, 02:59 AM
I loled a lot about this video, totally epic fail as he describes every detail of his spider capture and then the whole story ends in crying and fleeing!

probiner
12-13-2010, 03:18 AM
I loled a lot about this video, totally epic fail as he describes every detail of his spider capture and then the whole story ends in crying and fleeing!

Yeah, describes it so much that it makes it look like fake footage alont with other things.

cresshead
12-13-2010, 03:19 AM
a fantastic reason to never, ever go to Oz!

cresshead
12-13-2010, 03:22 AM
I dunno, I've seen foot long stick insects in your neck the woods... they're harmless even when not made of plastic:D

largest insect on earth IS a stick insect to be found in Borneo, it's half a metre long! [50cm = 19.6 inches!]

pooby
12-13-2010, 03:32 AM
Exactly

meshpig
12-13-2010, 04:08 AM
total lamness in the end when he is stumbling with the plastic whatever on his foot

That's definitely a Queensland accent too... but by far the most scary but not of the deadly variety is the St Andrew's Cross. They spin a big cross at the center of their web and sit in the middle pretending to be really big except they can get really big and spin a web more than 6m across.

If you can imagine a long country driveway at night with cyprus trees either side about 6m apart... riding a motorcycle with no shirt or helmet. Smack in my face and the body of it was like a ping pong ball....uuuurgh!

borkus
12-13-2010, 04:30 AM
I hate spiders....

StereoMike
12-13-2010, 05:12 AM
@meshpig: that happened to you? I guess if it were me, for mere terror I'd just desintegrate into nothingness in that same moment .

COBRASoft
12-13-2010, 05:17 AM
To think that spiders are so useful, they kill so many other annoying insects like flies and musquitos. I still don't want them as pet in the house :(.

meshpig
12-13-2010, 11:07 PM
@meshpig: that happened to you? I guess if it were me, for mere terror I'd just desintegrate into nothingness in that same moment .

Indeed it did, luckily it was dark and they spin these huge webs so it was more web than spider ... which had burst on impact. The truly terrifying bit was the next day when I saw what I had actually collided with... an overfed version of this :)

Stunt Pixels
12-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I like huntsmen spiders, they keep the flies away, and are basically harmless. But they look scary... On the topic of stick insects, saw this one a month or two ago, right in the middle of Sydney (Enmore)

http://swoon.com.au/images/bug.jpg

meshpig
12-14-2010, 12:16 AM
I like huntsmen spiders, they keep the flies away, and are basically harmless. But they look scary... On the topic of stick insects, saw this one a month or two ago, right in the middle of Sydney (Enmore)

You're joking... ( they say Funnel Webs too don't live on this side of town either).
- I've noticed in the past few years and never seen it before. Swarms of bush cockroaches, like 20 or more just invade in the evening and go completely mental. Fly spray is the only defence but makes you wonder what's going on in insect land?

JonW
12-14-2010, 12:22 AM
The largest Huntsman I have seen was almost as large as my hand stretched out. They are very quick, catching them on the end of a broom is the best way. Then put them outside.

The Sydney Funnel Web spider, now they are very dangerous. They jump at you. I dug up about 30 or them while digging holes for foundations may years ago. The largest one was about 70mm across.

bazsa73
12-14-2010, 01:18 AM
That's definitely a Queensland accent too..
What is a queensland accent?

meshpig
12-14-2010, 01:20 AM
...The Sydney Funnel Web spider, now they are very dangerous. They jump at you. I dug up about 30 or them while digging holes for foundations may years ago. The largest one was about 70mm across.

Yeah it's the Male spiddly diddly funnel bubble you have to watch out for; I hope you asked them all politely to move on?

meshpig
12-14-2010, 01:58 AM
What is a queensland accent?

We don't really have accents as such here but you can hear a "Queensland accent", so to speak with Mr. Croc Hunter Steve Irwin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZT2YvdwVzA

- I mean in the US a "Southern accent" means something because at one point the nation was divided in civil war. I don't mean it as derogatory just that you can pick where people come from by the way they speak.

Iain
12-14-2010, 02:59 AM
That was hilarious. How maany times I've hesitated the same way before the final capture movement.
Mine are never that scary of course but my daughters make the same noises (squealing in fear and then laughter at me).

meshpig
12-14-2010, 03:34 AM
That was hilarious. How maany times I've hesitated the same way before the final capture movement.
Mine are never that scary of course but my daughters make the same noises (squealing in fear and then laughter at me).

I think most already have one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFdAoHIuGo

pooby
12-14-2010, 04:30 AM
The owner of the video has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.. There's Ghosts, UFO's, Helecopter car chases. You name it.

JonW
12-14-2010, 07:27 PM
England has the largest spiders.

probiner
12-14-2010, 07:36 PM
England has the largest spiders.

Lol it looks sad... Totally ignored.
Where is the picture after where she starts to maim people and finally getting some "attention"?

Jarno
12-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Avondale Spider looking out for lunch.

---JvdL---

TripD
12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
I couldn't watch it all. Me hates me some freakin spiders!! Snakes,... no problem. But if that plane was filled with freakin spiders, Mr. Samuel Jackson would have been on his own.

WillBellJr
12-15-2010, 07:13 PM
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc168/tha_fury/Jess21.jpg

I tell ya, if I saw that in my house, he can HAVE that succa!

Ain't no cup gonna catch that! I'd have to call the police to get that damn thing out!

-Will

PS - That's a cat AND dog replacement!

JeffrySG
12-15-2010, 07:35 PM
That was too funny.... It really didn't look big until you see that big container he's going to use.... "Daddy... be careful.... eeeehhhhaaaaa" is the best part. Kids are the best!

oliversimonnet
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM
@WillBellJr: thats HIGE!! i would freake out if i saw that
@JeffrySG: haha yeah thats a funny video. i wounder what they did after that tho haha move house i gess