PDA

View Full Version : Problem with saving motions from Motion Mixer ... files are huge.

carpo
12-12-2010, 04:36 AM
Hi,
I'm trying to learn how to use Motion Mixer, and I have a scene with one low poly object (1800 polys) that is animated over about 3800 frames. The first motion is only 35 frames long, but when I create and save it, the file is over 80MB.

I opened it in a text editor, and it looks like each channel has 3800 key entries. When I created the motion I specified that it was only 35 frames long ... is there something else I need to do to ensure that MM doesn't save out all the frame information for each channel?

Cheers,
Carpo

Dodgy
12-12-2010, 06:57 PM
That is odd. When I do a test, it only has entries for each key frame in the animation, not every frame.

Are you using the frame range limits when creating the action?

I have had a problem where MM was saving multiple instances of the MM_Driver plugin for some channels (it should only be 1 per channel) which led my scenes to grow by 2 or 3 meg, but not the effect you're describing. Once I deleted the extra instances, it was back to normal.

carpo
12-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the reply Dodgy.

Yeah, when I create the action I choose the start frame as 1 and end frame as 35. This animation does have a keyframe at each frame ... but I still only expected 35 to be saved for each channel ... not the full 3800. When I open the motion file in a text editor, I can see the start frame 1 and end frame 35 at the top of the file, and the name of the action. But all the channels have 3800 entries.

The only way I can get it too work is by using the scene editor to remove all the keyframes for every frame outside of the range I want to capture, for every channel ... which, as you can imagine, is very annoying.

I initially saw this problem after creating 12 actions in MM, and saving the scene. It was over 1.1GB in size!! and took 10 minutes to save ...

Cheers,
Carpo