PDA

View Full Version : UberCam 1.5 Now available!

djlithium
12-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know...

We are very happy to let you know that Liberty3D is again bringing you an awesome update to an Uber tool. UBERCAM 1.5 for LightWave3d.
To find out more, hit http://www.liberty3d.com/2010/12/liberty3d-ubercam-1-5-now-available/

This is a major update in several ways. First off its now backwards compatible from LightWave 9.3.1 and works right up to LightWave10 across Win32 and Win64, MacUB and Mac64bit operating systems.

Secondly we have introduced 3 new cameras into the package including the wildly cool OverScan Cam (you have to try it to believe how cool it is!) and the incredibly handy camera for Arch-Vis artists; The ultra bendy and flexible SuperPano Cam. Last but not least is our Performance Camera, which you can use to test and see what camera is fastest for use in your scene.

We have also made improvements to the SkyBox Camera, Stereoscopic Cam and more! Did we mention it’s compatible Fprime and with LightWave 10? Of course we did and of course you want more. UberCam 1.5 gives you that right now, today – even if you haven’t picked up LightWave 10 or if you have to render in 9.3.1 for whatever reason (and some people do this and for good reason).

UberCam 1.5 marks the most complete, advanced, up to date, supported and not to mention maintained set of cameras available anywhere for LightWave3D so pick up you copy today and get working! These cameras will give you the edge to land that next client job in stereoscopic or finish a project you have now faster so you can clear off your desk and get onto the next one.

UberCam 1.5 is available now for $39.95 but don’t forget our 25% off deal (see our site for details).

Paid Registered Users get this update for free! You will get the new update emailed to you shortly!

Thank you very much for your support of Liberty3D.com. To our beta testers, thank you so much. You have helped make UberCam what it is! AWESOME!
Special thanks goes out to NewTek for making LightWave10 Awesomeremerocool!
We love you guys! =^..^=

djlithium
12-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Here is a cool render created using the new "Jitter" Function currently found in UberCam 1.5's OverScan Camera.

This was, as Kiko Sato (engineer of UberCam) pegged it - inspired by JJ Abrams technique of grabbing the top of a panavision camera at the filmcanster and shaking it violently while shooting causing the film to do strange stuff but really cool stuff as it was being exposed all in an attempt to simulate crashing a space ship or a plane. Cool. We may have to rename it -JJ Jitter.
You can also use this for adding extra flavor to BSG style handy cam moves or whatever you please as I have demonstrated here. The controls for this are enveloped so you can attach it to just about anything.

The OverScan camera (ever see the button on a sony broadcast monitor or the VT monitors? Well this is it but for LightWave) is actually intended as a way for you to be able to increase the amount of frame resolution you get out of a render, without changing your framing at all. You just get more rendered image expanding out from the center. Perfect for those situations when you have a compositor who asks "can you give me 10-20% more frame?" - and until now you have had to do all kinds of wonky things to make it work and still it may not have looked right. OverScan Cam is the solution to this situation. This is a simple but cool and effective way to get that extra frame space and it even does the math for you telling you what you need to increase your OverScan camera resolution to.
Dial in a percentage and plug-in the numbers it spits back to your resolution and bam, hit render and you're done.

djlithium
12-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Some more interface shots and goodness from UberCam 1.5

OnlineRender
12-12-2010, 06:30 AM
Cooool :rock:

djlithium
12-12-2010, 09:59 AM
yah its pretty cool. I'm already using it for shots for clients and its a dream :)

JamesCurtis
12-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Haven't received my notice yet. Have they been sent?

Phil
12-15-2010, 02:17 AM
I didn't get mine either, so just nudged Kat directly. He sent it to me over Skype immediately.

Markc
04-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Any Mac user's (PPC) not able to install the plugin for 1.5?
Lightwave says unable to install external plugins! :grumpy:
'No plugins found'

kosmodave
04-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Any Mac user's (PPC) not able to install the plugin for 1.5?
Lightwave says unable to install external plugins! :grumpy:
'No plugins found'

Hi Markc, try posting this over at Liberty3d as I think you will find Kat or Keeks more likely to see and answer your question over there. I'm on a Windows machine here so have not run into this problem. :goodluck:

Dave

wrench
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing that the Mac version is compiled as Universal Binary, so you'll need to be running the Universal Binary version of LightWave to be able to install. The UB version runs just as well on PPC as Intel processors.

B

Markc
04-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Just spoke to Kat, the Mac version is only for intel machines.
Will have to wait till I upgrade (long over due) :(

wrench
04-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Have you tried installing the Universal Binary version of LightWave on your machine? I bet it works and then you can use the UberCam.

B

Markc
04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I am using 9.6 UB.
The Ubercam plugin properties indicate that it is universal (it must only be compiled for intel though, if that's possible?)

erikals
04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
urmf... i still don't have a 3D monitor... \:[ \:[

jeric_synergy
04-04-2011, 07:00 PM
The overscan feature alone makes this plugin worthwhile, let alone all the other goodness. :thumbsup:

wrench
04-05-2011, 01:50 AM
@Marc yes unfortunately it's easily possible. :( The Universal Binary "format" is just a holder for all the different versions you want to compile in one file - so in theory you can have PPC, Intel and 64-bit all in one file - but if you don't compile for all platforms your UB file won't have them... :(

B

Lightwolf
04-05-2011, 03:03 AM
@Marc yes unfortunately it's easily possible. :( The Universal Binary "format" is just a holder for all the different versions you want to compile in one file - so in theory you can have PPC, Intel and 64-bit all in one file - but if you don't compile for all platforms your UB file won't have them... :(

To make things worse, the latest XCode (4.x series) has completely removed support for PPC as well as any OS prior to 10.5.
Luckily XCode 3.x is still available.

Cheers,
Mike

monovich
04-05-2011, 12:53 PM
can't believe I missed this plug. will add it to my short term "buy" list.

cg_mike
05-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Regarding the Performance Camera, the UberCam 1.5 UsersGuide PDF (here (http://liberty3d.com/Artists/Plugins/UberCamUsersGuidev1.5.pdf)) only gives it a passing mention:
"The Liberty3D Performance Camera was included as a separate optional camera plug-in package in order to judge the performance hit from various camera choices."

Anyone have more details about how it works or how it's used?

Also, I'm loving the idea of the Overscan camera. I wish there was a demo available to try it out.

Thanks!

jeric_synergy
05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Have you tried asking these questions on Liberty 3D's forum?

For $40, if you need the feature, IMO you should just go for it.