PDA

View Full Version : Bones to weights plugin?

Philbert
12-09-2010, 01:46 AM
Anyone know of a plugin that will create weight maps based on bone strength? I didn't see anything on Flay.

silviotoledo
12-09-2010, 07:12 AM
No plugin needed, vertexpaint does it!

Philbert
12-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Yes someone suggested this to me, of course I now need a plugin to convert bones to skelegons I believe.

silviotoledo
12-09-2010, 07:18 AM
Mike Green have a plugin that does it.

So have you done the bones only in layout?

Anyway I do manually the weightmaps fast. Vertex does it automatically but you need a little adjustment once the bone shape does no match the object shape.

Vertex paint also allow you to pose the bone and paint the weight corrections with realtime feedback like in Maya.

Philbert
12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Yes I figured I would need to adjust, that was the idea actually, the plugin does most of the work and I only need to tweak. I would normally not use weights at all, but some programs you might export to may require them.

silviotoledo
12-09-2010, 07:41 AM
To do manually just select the poligons, Mouse click on W ( down on window )- New - weightmap and leave it as 100% and press create. It works for almost everything. Sometimes you need to Blur it a little. This case you will need FI'S Blur Weightmap plugin that you find free on fly.com

When using vertex paint, just create the skelegons, pose in te object and then:

MAP- vertex paint - Weight - and press calculate

Philbert
12-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Yeah I learned how to manually create them 8 years ago in school. :p I use that blur plugin quite a lot.