PDA

View Full Version : Split Bone problem

Philbert
12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I must be losing it. I don't do much more than very simple rigging and it's been a while. What I've always done is started with one long bone and used Split Bone to break it into the number I need. So I selected my character, drew out the bone, selected the bone, and hit the Split Bone button. Nothing happens. It just sits there with the button highlighted. The Help file just says a window will pop up, but I don't have any window. what am I forgetting?

Edit:
Hmm OK I can split the bone by clicking the orange line that appears, but i still don't get a dialog box. OK As long as it splits I'm cool.

Sensei
12-09-2010, 02:48 AM
In v9.3 Split Bone was showing dialog box asking how many times divide bone, basically blocking application GUI. With v9.6+ Split Bone is interactive tool, that's why you have to click on orange handle to split.
v9.3 could split just one bone at a time, showing error if there is more items selected. v9.6 works with multiple selection. Each one bone will have such orange handle to click.

rsfd
12-09-2010, 04:11 PM
the Split Bone tool with the Dialogue Box still exists.
You'll find it as "BT_BoneBreaker" inside the Additional Plugins menu.

dee
12-12-2010, 11:03 AM
the Split Bone tool with the Dialogue Box still exists.
You'll find it as "BT_BoneBreaker" inside the Additional Plugins menu.

Thanks!

Philbert
12-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Interesting. I was thinking the tool was changed but they never updated the manual to reflect it.