PDA

View Full Version : Need big screen for my laptop info...

virtualcomposer
12-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good 27" screen that I can hook up to my Macbook Pro i5. I do allot of 3D work and graphic design. It would need to be Hi-Def but it doesn't have to be the best. I was thinking about the Dell 2707 or something similar that will just get the job done. My eyes have a hard time looking down on my 17" screen which is pretty small when trying to do detail graphic work. I would love to have it matte as well but I don't have a big budget to work with. Maybe $300-400. Any suggestions?

Amurrell
12-09-2010, 01:13 AM
I have a 23" Samsung that I love from thier ToC line. HD, matte, good refresh rate (5ms), awesome contrast ratio and color. Bought for $249 from Best Buy about a year ago. I compared this to the LG, ViewSonic, Acer and others there, and they didn't look quite as good. Not sure why, since I think most of the guts are the same.

virtualcomposer
12-09-2010, 02:50 AM
well that's good to know. Sometimes you don't have to spend thousands of dollars to achieve a good result. Especially these days. Having something is better then having nothing.

Amurrell
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Actually the model I have is faster than I said, it has a 2ms refresh rate (I was at work when posting) and 50,000:1 contrast (though our eyes would never see so much subtlety). Not sure if they still produce it though but it is a Samsung SyncMaster P2370. If they don't, there's something comparable.

Dexter2999
12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
They guy on Tekzilla swears by his DELL monitor that he got as a refurb. from the manufacturer.

I however am skiddish on refurbs. My friends gave me a 22" Samsung monitor they got from Overstock as a refurb. Looks great but it has this high pitched noise that makes me crazy. I have to wear headphones when I work on the computer. I thought about getting a new model (same unit) to swap out without hurting their feelings.

I know there is something wrong with the unit because if I smack it the noise goes away for a few seconds then comes back.