PDA

View Full Version : Issues with layout

Euphosis
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
quick question.

some weird issue with layout.

what ever i load something into layout, the camera scales to fit it all in the view and i cant seem to get it back to proper scale.

this is very inconvenient.

RudySchneider
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Some quick observations/questions:
1. Neither of those views is the "camera" view. It sometimes helps to have a quad view, with the camera panel in the upper-left corner (or wherever you so desire). You can set this up by pressing the "d" hotkey.
2. You've actually tried moving the camera, yes?
3. If this is supposed to be an animation you're setting up, do you have key-framiing turned on? If not, everything (including the camera) will revert to the original settings once you change to another frame. You can do this by clicking the AutoKey button at the bottom-middle, just below the timeline (or use the shift-F1 hotkey).

Euphosis
12-07-2010, 09:48 PM
the problem im having is , after importing the scenery the layout, layout objects get massive (the camera object is roughly 20 meters wide)

the character is scaled so small i have to zoom in really far and then he gets clipped out.

plus the small objects are even smaller and harder to manipulate

heres another pic.

the little man is 1.5 meters tall

nickdigital
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Layout is autosizing so everything will fit. What you want to do is zoom back in so the grid size becomes manageable. I believe the bracket keys [] let you size up/down the grid. The grid size values are down in the lower left corner. Size the grid down to say 1m and moving around should be more manageable.

To adjust the object clipping you can go into the display options, hit the "d" key, and adjust the distance.

Euphosis
12-07-2010, 09:58 PM
it worked!
thanks!