PDA

View Full Version : Snap to Grid Lscript for layout

Simon-S
12-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Hi All,

I was searching for a while to try and find a snap to grid plugin for layout, but couldn't find anything that worked. My colleague kindly wrote this script for me which does just that...I thought some of you guys may find it useful.

Its very basic as it has no control panel, so in order to set your snap grid size you have to open the lscript in notepad and set your grid size there.

Once you've done that you can install the plugin and assign a keyboard shortcut to it. (I actually made a few duplications of the plugin with different grid settings so I can snap to various grid sizes). Its a bit clunky I know, but its really helped me with laying out scenes for games etc.

NB. The default setting is a grid size of 10m

Cheers,
Simon

Lamont
12-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Awesome! This is needed in Modeler, so it can be toggled on and off.

3DGFXStudios
12-09-2010, 07:12 AM
You can snap with LWCAD in modeler

bazsa73
03-28-2013, 02:01 AM
I just needed this! Thanks dude.

Hail
03-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Interestingly enough I have been looking for a utility like this for a project I am currently working on.
Thanks for sharing, this will be very handy for me especially on this project :)

zapper1998
03-28-2013, 09:14 AM
thank you

:)

Simon-S
03-28-2013, 09:20 AM
I used it for laying out paths and tiled stuff in Theme Park IOS. It saved me a world of pain actually.

One handy thing to note is that it works on multiple objects at once, snapping them to their nearest grid square.

nickdigital
03-28-2013, 10:26 AM
This one has a UI for those that aren't comfortable editing the file.

Simon-S
03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
This one has a UI for those that aren't comfortable editing the file.

Awesome - I was just talking of getting my colleague to do this this morning :) Thanks!

nickdigital
03-28-2013, 10:35 AM
No problem. Feel free to mess with it. It might be nice to have toggles to pick which axis you want to snap to (X,Y,Z). If your colleague can't do it let me know.

prometheus
03-28-2013, 10:41 AM
what´s the main difference from using standard lightwave grid snapping?

tip..using px_bezier 64 bit and 32 bit free plugin..you can set snap grid under setup.

A little of topic...
What I would like to see regarding grid, a grid on/off button in each viewport next to zoom/pan etc ...this will be so much fluent and faster to turn the grid on or off where you want it
instead of going to display options, click on viewports, read and thinking on which viewport you need to set for independent visability and turn that grid on or off.

Michael