PDA

View Full Version : When Newtek Is Going To Ship LW 10

simonlion
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I purchased LW 10 Last Month But I have not received it yet.
When Newtek Is going to ship LW 10
Thanks
simon

Greenlaw
12-06-2010, 11:55 PM
It's not shipping yet but you can download the current LW 10 beta once you register. Of course, you will need your hardware key to register, so I would contact Newtek directly to find out what the delay is.

If you purchased LW 10 as an upgrade to 9.x, you can use your current hardware key to register, in which case you'll need them to send you the new serial number by email.

Hope this helps.

G.

Paul_Boland
12-07-2010, 08:38 PM
It's not shipping yet but you can download the current LW 10 beta once you register. Of course, you will need your hardware key to register, so I would contact Newtek directly to find out what the delay is.

If you purchased LW 10 as an upgrade to 9.x, you can use your current hardware key to register, in which case you'll need them to send you the new serial number by email.

Hope this helps.

G.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'm waiting for my 9.6 to arrive and was wondering how I get into Hardcore?

Philbert
12-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm not in yet myself, but last I heard people were saying that you should contact NT with your purchase info and they will give your forum account access to the HC section. Apparently that is also where you'll find download links for the open beta.

Greenlaw
12-07-2010, 11:42 PM
I think Hard Core forum access is supposed to come automatically after you register, but of course you need the serial number to do that. Once you get the serial number (if it's an upgrade, you'll get an email; if you buy 9.6 new, I guess maybe you get it after registering 9.6,), then you should be able to use the registration page to gain access automatically. Anyway, this is how it worked for me, but I know a couple of people who had to contact someone at Newtek directly to get access.

SBowie
12-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Anyway, this is how it worked for me, but I know a couple of people who had to contact someone at Newtek directly to get access.I don't know if it always works correctly, but here's the official scoop fwiw:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1055275&postcount=1

hrgiger
12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
It looks probable that Lightwave 10 will ship before the end of the year as expected.

Philbert
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
It looks probable that Lightwave 10 will ship before the end of the year as expected.

That was the recent announcement, was it not?

hrgiger
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
That was the recent announcement, was it not?

Yeah. But Newtek is always saying stuff:). They told us it was going to ship last year too.

Philbert
12-08-2010, 06:56 PM
I doubt they would make an announcement and then need to delay again within a couple weeks.

Paul_Boland
12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't know if it always works correctly, but here's the official scoop fwiw:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1055275&postcount=1

Thanks for the info, I've sent an email to reg. My Lightwave 9.6 upgrade arrived. Just had a quick look around Modeller and Layout, see some new stuff and differences, will be reading the PDF manuals later. One thing though, Lightwave 9 has EDGES!!!

jasonwestmas
12-09-2010, 02:00 PM
I doubt they would make an announcement and then need to delay again within a couple weeks.

It's a coin toss. :)

geothefaust
12-09-2010, 11:22 PM

Man Phil, what rock have you been living under? lol I know you like NT a whole lot, but seriously... They do change their mind, and quite often at that. I wouldn't be surprised if it changed at all.

Philbert
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I would say the same thing about any company. In most case it's not very likely that such a change would be made at the last minute. With a couple of months in between, sure, but I don't know of a couple of weeks happening much.

colkai
12-10-2010, 02:26 AM
simple answer? It'll ship when it ships. Historically speaking, hitting deadlines has not been Newteks forte so one would anticipate some "slippage".

dwburman
12-12-2010, 10:14 PM
LW 9.6 is quite a bit better than LW8... at least as far as cameras, lights, rendering and rigging go. LW10 adds some nice features too. It's a good time to upgrade if you haven't yet.

colkai
12-13-2010, 02:45 AM
LW 9.6 is quite a bit better than LW8... at least as far as cameras, lights, rendering and rigging go.
That's putting it mildly, I don't think I fired up LW8 once after getting 9.x :)
LW9.6 & LWCAD make for a package that knocks spots off LW8, plus there are a ton of good free plugins for 9.6 which you really need to get the most out of LW. The great thing is though, even plugins made for 5.6 still work with it in some instances :)

cresshead
12-13-2010, 03:07 AM
:offtopic::hijack::cat:off topic but fun...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXU3GsH2-B8

A Mejias
12-17-2010, 02:07 AM
That's putting it mildly, I don't think I fired up LW8 once after getting 9.x :)
LW9.6 & LWCAD make for a package that knocks spots off LW8, plus there are a ton of good free plugins for 9.6 which you really need to get the most out of LW. The great thing is though, even plugins made for 5.6 still work with it in some instances :)

I agree! LightWave 9 is the best LightWave upgrade since it was separated from the Toaster!!! If you're using any version of LW before version 9.0 you should upgrade. Don't expect many improvements to Modeler though.

But if you are a LW 9.6 user you should consider very carefully whether you really need any of the features that LW 10 is offering now. Keep in mind that the Core module will not ship till much later in 2011 or later.

colkai
12-17-2010, 02:19 AM
Couldn't agree more, especially if your more modeller based, seems, as always, Render and Layout getting the love this time around.
Though I'm sure modeller will get some attention "in the next release cycle" >>chuckle snort...<<

Bona
12-17-2010, 03:19 AM
I think Modeler will be dropped in next cycle and CORE will take its place very soon.... I'm not in HC .... :D

Greenlaw
12-17-2010, 04:07 AM
I think Layout and Modeler will be dropped and CORE will be replaced by an awesome new dance craze. C'mon, everybody, do the HARD CORE!

Okay, it's late. Good night.

G.

colkai
12-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Ya know, you may wanna lay off the caffine that late at night. ;)