PDA

View Full Version : better weight map management

eacide
09-25-2003, 06:37 AM
As a character modeler/rigger, I sometimes have 20-30 weight maps for bones, dozens of morphs for mouth / joints/ eye lids and eye brows and roughly 5 UV maps for textures.

Roughly, a character includes about 50 weight maps.

When I try to tweak my weight maps, I have to switch between them or use the set map value dialog with a drop down list in which I select one amongst 50 possible options.

It is not very efficient from a workflow angle. I suggest the followings:

- a dialog or spreadsheet in modeler presenting all weight maps that enables quick edition of the name/ modification / copy / delete... I know that a commercial pluggin does that but I think LW should include it natively.
- possibility to display two or more weightmaps at the same time in Modeler. Colors could make the difference between the active WM (the one I will be working on) and the background WP. This should be helpful to see the potential overlaps, the underweighed (less than 100 %) and overweighed (more than 100 %) vertices...

DaveW
09-25-2003, 11:03 AM
- a dialog or spreadsheet in modeler presenting all weight maps that enables quick edition of the name/ modification / copy / delete... I know that a commercial pluggin does that but I think LW should include it natively.
- possibility to display two or more weightmaps at the same time in Modeler. Colors could make the difference between the active WM (the one I will be working on) and the background WP. This should be helpful to see the potential overlaps, the underweighed (less than 100 %) and overweighed (more than 100 %) vertices...

The vertex map window does all of this. I think the default shortcut it ctrl-f6, you can also get to it from the modeler->windows menu.