PDA

View Full Version : Newtek Europe purchasing issues!!

Paul_Boland
12-04-2010, 12:45 PM
Hi Newtek.

I went to order the Lightwave 9.6 + Lighwave 10 upgrade and I've hit a couple of problems...

First, I have to order from Newtek Europe as the shop here says it won't ship to my country, Ireland.

When I went to Newtek Europe to place the order, I was given a warning by my browser saying the security tag for the website was issued by an untrusted source and I should not proceed!!! This caused me to stop and think about what I was about to do...

Then, when I did decide to proceed, taxes were added to the price and the upgrade offer of €395.00 + €15.00 p&p, came to a whopping price of €490.32!!!

Of the three issues above, could someone advise me about that security tag error please, or Newtek, take a look at it and get it sorted. Not sure I want to put my credit card details into the site with that red warning highlighted to me!

OnlineRender
12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I was given a warning by my browser saying the security tag for the website was issued by an untrusted source and I should not proceed!!!!

probably not certified by M$ and other variables "browser"or unrecognisable code you should hit a secure connection 128bit when you go to pay .
(I hope ) even @ that 128 sucks nuts .

being in Ireland is a killer for postage and other heavy taxes .

but it should be addressed

wrench
12-04-2010, 05:17 PM
I worked for NewTek Europe for six years and I can assure you that it's not a fly by night operation. :) Even so, I'll let them know that their cert has expired. Instead of ordering through the online shop, why not use the callback service? At least then they'll call you up and you can speak with a real, live person (probably Rama, but it might be Cathérine). As for the price, there's nothing that NewTek Europe can do about the VAT in Ireland, you can blame the Taoiseach for that... ;)

B

Paul_Boland
12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated. Damn those vat prices for Ireland, we don't all have a rainbow and a crock of gold... Hehehe. Thanks for the info about the expired certificate. I'll get my order sorted tomorrow, it's nearly 3:00a.m. now.

Sensei
12-04-2010, 11:58 PM
You're lucky with 19.5% VAT, we have in Poland 23%.. ;)

VAT is earning 40-50% of GDP, government will rather cut off PIT or CIT than reduce VAT.

wrench
12-05-2010, 05:40 AM
...and the Scandewegians have it even worse. I think it's 25% in Sweden for instance?

B

FHL
12-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Hello,
Thank you for your feedback.
In fact NewTek Europe - 3D Storm online shop never had a security certificate. This does not make any difference in the security though.
We have an Https and it is a 128 bits encripted connection.
So far we had no security problem in 10 years.
I totally agree, the level of taxes, within the EU is a real scam unfortunately there is not much we can do here.
To sweeten the deal I am happy to offer you the shipping cost (just mention this thread) and we will not charge you the shipping.

Best regards,

Paul_Boland
12-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Hi Franck.

Thanks very much for that kind offer, I very much appreciate it. I have placed my order and sent an email in detailing this thread. Thank you again.

Paul.

artstorm
12-05-2010, 09:00 AM
...and the Scandewegians have it even worse. I think it's 25% in Sweden for instance?

B

It is. :/

Myagi
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
when ordering from NT EU from another EU country you always pay french VAT (~19%), not the one of your own country IIRC (that goes for any kind of EU-EU purchase, VAT is based on the seller country)

artstorm
12-05-2010, 03:32 PM
when ordering from NT EU from another EU country you always pay french VAT (~19%), not the one of your own country IIRC (that goes for any kind of EU-EU purchase, VAT is based on the seller country)

That's only true for companies with quite small turnovers. It depends on how much you sell for to a certain EU country. To Sweden the threshold is 320.000SEK (33 869 EUR). When a company located in EU sell to Swedish customers they can charge their own VAT until they reach the threshold for the current year. At that time they have to register for VAT in Sweden and add the 25% VAT instead. So it all depends on how much you sell for to a certain country within the EU. Every EU country has their own threshold.
That's the reason why you nowadays have to pay 25% VAT at amazon.co.uk as a Swede, as they sell for more than 320.000SEK/year to Sweden.
VAT Thresholds between the different EU countries (http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/resources/documents/taxation/vat/traders/vat_community/vat_in_ec_annexi.pdf).

Myagi
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
forgot about the lame threshold, luckily NT Europe wasn't over it at the time I bought LW9 at least ;)

Sensei
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM

AFAIK it's exactly reverse- vat is payed by buyer, using his own rate. f.e. I go to USA international shop, like Plimus or Reg.Net, and see every program price with 22% more.. American will see it as-is, without VAT.. UK person will see it with 17.5% VAT etc. etc.

That's why sometimes I encourage people to use direct PayPal transfers to me while buying plugins, because this way they'll save on VAT, and pay the same as Americans..

If French shop asks for 19%, regardless of person who is buying, then it has not correctly made shop - it's local, not international! Even American person would pay +19% in it.. But it's export to other continent!

Go to this link
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1657463

I see it as:

"Produkt Ilość Cena / szt. Suma
EasySpline
222.78 PLN (75.00 USD) 222.78 PLN (75.00 USD)
VAT 22.0%: 49.01 PLN (16.50 USD)"

If USA shop doesn't add VAT, it's not international, and will refuse sending to EU..

crashnburn
12-05-2010, 11:57 PM
If your in Europe why not try other venders. Here in the UK www.onevideo.co.uk do the 9.6 upgrade with hardcore membership for £326.65 incl VAT plus p&p.

evenflcw
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
Sacré bleu! Crashnburn, thank you very much! I had the same annoyance with NT-E as Paul, (ie the price premium compared to NT-US), and have held off my purchase as a result. I can be stupidly stubborn sometimes. I'm glad I won't have to suffer for it this time.

OnlineRender
12-06-2010, 02:45 AM
ightWave 3D v9.6 + HardCORE subscription

Manufacturer NewTek
Part Number LWDUCOFP
Price
Ex. VAT: £485.00 (RRP:£549.00)
Inc. VAT: £569.88

not that much cheaper than NT US tbh , how do the have the ability to do this ? " as in sell LW " 3rd party .

crashnburn
12-06-2010, 03:37 AM
£326.65 with pdf manuals from one video. Depends on if people can live without the paper manuals which for that price difference I could.

Myagi
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
AFAIK it's exactly reverse- vat is payed by buyer, using his own rate. f.e. I go to USA international shop, like Plimus or Reg.Net, and see every program price with 22% more.. American will see it as-is, without VAT.. UK person will see it with 17.5% VAT etc. etc.

That's a bit different though, I was only addressing only from one EU country to another, and those e-commerce providers may also have regional stuff going on to allow such "localization" (aswell as the formerly mentioned revenue threshold may play a part). For all things I've ordered from Germany, France or UK I've always paid the VAT from the seller country.

Additionally I guess each country might also add certain import exceptions. Like sweden has a mafia-worthy import tax on alcohol, even if you'd buy it online from another EU country like Germany.