PDA

View Full Version : Chop feature for TCBroadcast

Steve Kirby
12-03-2010, 02:48 PM
When you are recording the video input, (not the stream)...is there a way to "chop" a clip (kinda like an "in & out" point) and automatically bring it into the DDR like I'm able to do on my VT5?

I trying to figure out a work around without the Timewarp for 1 channel replays.
I'm able to do it on my VT5, but it looks like TCBroadcast doesn't allow it.

If not, is there a plugin?

SBowie
12-03-2010, 03:05 PM
I guess you could start and stop record, Steve (a bit clumsy, perhaps).

animlab
01-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Since you have TimeWarp you can chop with "ReplayOut" button and it will bring the chopped clip into DDR automatically.

If you don not plan to use TimeWarp, there is a way to write a ToasterScript to do the "Chop" and bring the chopped clip into DDR.

SBowie
01-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Unfortunately, the original post mentions"trying to figure out a work around without the Timewarp" (underlining mine).

animlab
01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
The ToasterScript work around have one limitation. Since there is no possibiliy to input filename manually or get the filename from other module in ToasterScript, we have to use fixed filename in ToasterScript for recording so we can use that filename to AddFiles() to DDR. That means I can not work around our ToasterScript with TimeWarp since it use its own filename sequence and I can not get that name by ToasterScript.

I have to ask Steve Kirby a question. Are you plan to use the work around with TimeWarp? (You original said "a work around without the Timewarp for 1 channel replays"

pgrimpo
01-28-2011, 08:40 AM
It's funny because the old Toaster had a CHOP type of feature and I remember it coming in quite handy.